NightmareMk9

T34 Mission Math

I wonder if anyone at WG got in trouble for making this one too easy?

Watch the next one be 700k XP in all Tier 4 to punish us...

Seems like they are pretty much bribing us to not go over to WT:GF so I suspect they will measure victory in terms of # games played and not # of tanks handed out. And for people who this is their first T8 it might prompt them to buy other prem vehicles for the training benefit.

I have < 20k left on the Japanese line... time for operation recover WR.

Since playing WT it has occurred to me this probably isn't a coincidence. This "free" tier 8 grind was a lot easier than the first and they've been raining bonuses for weeks in the form of credit rewards and double crew training for no apparent reason. Methinks they're trying to steal WT's thunder and blunt the impact of its release.

Here's hoping for a Type 59 month grind when the game actually releases. Remind me to go the main forum and talk about how utterly fantastic WT tanks is.

Just haven't been in a grind mood.  Get on the game but only play one or two then need to do something else.  I'll need to push this weekend, if I can stand it.  US and Germany are Done, Russia about 90%, France about 70% so these are doable with daily doubles.  UK, China and Japan all between 27 and 30 % so not looking good but will see.   Hope there is a great xp bonus next weekend too.  The T34 event runs through June 1.

Finished UK and France today (yay!)

only Japan - 81K

and China - 85K

Only way I don't complete the mision is if a meteor hits me and takes me out

Yeah I solo pubbed this morning finished China and only like 8 or 9K left to go in japan ... no biggie

Missed the 5x weekend but only got about 20k on France, Japan and China left.

For China, I just can't get the TT34 but am doing well in T58. How is rest of line?

Missed the 5x weekend but only got about 20k on France, Japan and China left.

For China, I just can't get the TT34 but am doing well in T58. How is rest of line?

I liked the Type 58 ... I like it better than the T34/85 don't know why just do and they're almost identical ... can't put my finger on it

Only got as high as the T-34-1, but I really like that one ... it's like a mini me Type 59 tier 7 version I have the Tier 8 researched, just have not bought it yet

I don't know if I'll make it in time, I didn't play any tanks that could actually make the XP until a couple of days ago.

US - 70k

UK - Done

DE - 89k

FR - Done

RU - Done

CN - 19k

JP - 0

Japan is going to be the hardest because I don't actually have a japanese tank. I've been saving up free XP and finally got the Chi-ri but I really don't want to play it after watching my regular platoon mates struggle so bad in it. China will be rough as well since I only have the WZ-131 and I am the worst scout player NA. 

If you're that bad off in China and Japan you've got your work cut out for you but it's doable. I'd say grab some lower tier stuff too and hit dailies on them for extra. The only tier 7 scout I've played was an abomination for XP and the Chi-Ri just looks very lousy.

For China the M5A1 is actually pretty good despite being a scout, the mobility is great and the gold round fights up well. The Type T-34 really is solid too. The Type 58 I persoanlly hate but its XP gain is enough to perhaps be worthwhile.

For Japan both the tier 4s are good and can make a solid chunk of XP and the Chi-To isn't as bad as people tend to think. Chi-To might actually get you along faster than the Chi-Ri, it's the same gun in non-autoloader form. I ground it for the IS-6 and it actually did pretty well for me.

Prolly better get to spamming dat gold ammo too. Dump as many credits as you need to make it, 12k gold trumps the hell out of credits.

Yeah, free XP all the modules on the Chi-To, and play that, the tier 5, and both tier 4s for doubles. Even if you only manage to get 1.5k per double, you'll still earn 42k XP by just getting your 2x.

I have 10k left on the China grind and got there by playing a bit in my WZ-132, then said "fuck it" and got the rest by spamming the Type T-34.

Now I'm really thinking I won't make it. I tried a little this morning, but my teams are consistently filled with 39-44%'ers who couldn't find their ass with a map and flashlight. 19 games, 1 win and that was in my Obj 704 after I got tired of tier 7. So much fun to be the only tank not camping on Prok as the only tier 7 in a tier 9 game and getting top damage and kills in a panther... so many 0's. This x2 all day could have gotten a good chunk of it out of the way but I'm just not good enough to carry that hard. 

Mission completed! Reward:
Premium days added: 2
Vehicles added: T34
Slots added: 1

yay

For China the M5A1 is actually pretty good despite being a scout, the mobility is great and the gold round fights up well. The Type T-34 really is solid too. The Type 58 I persoanlly hate but its XP gain is enough to perhaps be worthwhile.

For Japan both the tier 4s are good and can make a solid chunk of XP and the Chi-To isn't as bad as people tend to think. Chi-To might actually get you along faster than the Chi-Ri, it's the same gun in non-autoloader form. I ground it for the IS-6 and it actually did pretty well for me.

I did China primarily with the M5A1 and the Type T-34.  Mid-mission I got both the 59-16 and Type 58 but played lousy in both so skipped them many times.

I earned 50k in Japan on the two tier 4 tanks and the one tier 5.  I then ground up to the Chi-to during last weekends x2 and had 75k complete when that was done.  From there I just played each x2 on the four tanks and got the remaining 25k this past week.  Depending on the MM, the tier 4 tanks made healthy XP when played aggressively, though more than a few times I did end up in the bottom five and not getting the XP at all.  

I've done all my Chinese grind with the M5A1 and the Type T-34. I figured it'd be better to get my crews up to a decent level rather than move up a tier and have to retrain them. I've really grown to like the Type T-34 actually. I've had quite a few potato doubles in the M5A1, getting one shot at the start of tier 8 games that end up to be wins really hurts.

Japan has been all Ke-Ho and Chi-Nu and I'm heartily sick of both. I've only got 8k to go on Japan, and 30k to go overall. Thank RNGesus we at SEA only have to grind 75k each nation for the Super Pershing. I don't think I could have coped with 100K. We only got x3 weekends though, and no 'all day doubles for wins' either,

Finished! With some style too:

34h9v8p.jpg

If I ever do one of these again I'll use at least three tanks per nation... 

I gave up. Mainly because RL prevented me from playing last weekend (double from all wins) and thus I have too much to grind in Japan and China. Others are done or almost done, but those two, I just don't have time to finish... at least that's how it looks. Tomorrow is off day from work though, so if I could play whole day there might be a chance. Most likely that won't happen.

well I had a slow start but I managed to finish about on schedual with the 2x weekends

gJT9uQ5.jpg

1800 Goldz is why I purchased one prior to completing the mission :)

I did feel a little bad about it though, it required me to actually give WG some of my 'Real Money' :(

I completed the mission earlier today. I got frustrated with the teams I was getting in tiers 4-6 and took several breaks or else I would have finished it a week ago.

Since a wargaming customer relations employee said in the official T34 mission thread that you would receive the full 12,000 gold if you completed the mission and already had the T34, I filed a support ticket quoting them with a link to the employee's post asking for the remaining 1,800 gold. Some people had success with that during the IS-6 mission.