gentillehawk

How to grind without a premium account?

Hey guys, as I have been improving my general level of gameplay, I was wondering how I could help speed the grinds to the high tier mediums, specifically the M46, the Leopard I, and the Object 140. As a current student, I don't have the spare cash to spend on premium time and exp conversion, although I would support the game and do this if I could. Considering this, are their any ways to help speed up the grinds or at least make them feel faster?

As a non-paying player, your only options are to wait for events that give you bonus xp, or completing missions that reward you with a bit of premium time. You don't have many options outside of that I think. Just try to learn to enjoy the tanks you're grinding through, and focus on improving your play so you win more (and thus grind faster).

The 140 and Leo 1 are used in clan wars, so if you can get into a good clan that holds land regularly, you might be able to save enough gold to buy premium time after a while.

Playing the tanks you are grinding is certianly the best way to grind the lines.

someone playing at your level shouldn't loose much money in the high tiers so you should be able to easily afford it by the end of the grind aslong as you don't use alot of gold ammo/consumables

I am always playing without premium, i only get it on some missions so best advice i can give you if you want to get to the high tier fast is choose one line, and only grind that one. Think about what tank you want to have the most and grind that one. If you start several lines it will take you way longer to get to the top tier. Not always a bad thing since the top tiers are generally very unforgiving and are a totally different environment.

I find that the T49 makes money even without a premium account. Also, get involved in a skirmish or two; great way to earn gold for free without hitting the global map. I haven't paid for anything in over 6 months.

So it's pretty much just taking the time to do it? Well thanks guys for your advice. My concern isn't about the credits - those keep me from rushing too fast - just the amount of time to earn the exp needed.

Thinking that I'll grind up the Patton line first, not for the M48, but because from what I've read it has the least painful grinds. Sounds like the only terrible tank in the line is the tier X.

I remember used to play tank companys with good people, so in case you dont fire  much rounds anyway, you can get a good profit on it.

If you don't have a prem account and need to "grind", just give up now. Playing without a prem account is fine. Once you drop the casual part and label it grinding you're in for a hell of a bad time.

Also bear in mind that wargaming throws gold around like confetti in contests that people always forget about. Keep an eye on the world of warplanes forum in particular for lucrative contests with poor participation.

they throw out alot of easy gold in the skirmishes. you should be able to find decent teams if you're persistent and win enough goald for a months premium relatively easily.  just watch the announcements and spam ppl.

Aside from what Rexxie said which I also agree with, there's a couple things you can do to increase credit/exp ability without premium:

Play tier 5/6 tanks or a tier 8 premium if you have one/can afford one. As someone who didn't pay a dime for this game until 7k battles in, having a tier 7/8 premium tank is absolutely essential if you want to make money.

Partake in missions that will give extra credits, take advantage of tier 5 credit boosting events, and try and win gold if they ever give any out. Spend gold on either transferring equipment or saving up for premium time/a premium tank

Get better at the game. The more damage you are doing, the more exp and credits you will earn, and the higher tier you can play without losing credits. Most people will break even on tier 8s overall without premium, I average at least 10k credit profit per game on tier 8s without premium, and I usually break even on tier 9s. With premium I'll make 25k+ on average with tier 8s, and with tier 9s I'll average 20k credit profit per game.

There are two things that lose you money in a battle, getting your tank damaged/destroying, and shooting shells. I don't recommend you do solely this, but if you focus on making every shot count, shooting when you know/think you can pen, and knowing what tanks are too armored for you and either need premium ammo shot at them or that need to be flanked in order to be penetrated goes a long way to saving credits. Reducing the amount of damage you tank and trying to stay alive to the bitter end without necessarily affecting your playstyle reduces the credits needed to repair your vehicle.

There is also an event to get the Tier 8 premium T34, and it looks like it's only going to take 100k exp in any tier other than 9/10, but I'm not sure if they're updating that. While I don't recommend this kind of event without a premium account, you could still get your hands on a tier 8 premium, and a good one at that.

I myself have played mostly without a premium account, my success lies in having a tier 8 premium tank, which unfortunately requires money, but not a subscription, its yours to keep. It's been mostly a curse to have to endure longer grinds, stay as stock tanks for longer than most, and have to drive the worst tanks to finish a line. I too am a student and don't have as much money as I'd like to spend on such a big money sink. I hope some of these tips will help make the "grind" easier, but don't let it become a grind, find a way to enjoy it, whatever that may be, maybe listening to music while playing or playing with friends.

Ask you're parents or boss for a income buff so that you can buy gold to get income and xp buffs?  :beard:

Your stats are good enough I'd imagine you could get on a half decent tourney team and earn gold in a few tournaments/ skirmishes. If you are considering grinding without premium, might as well put some of that time into getting some gold and then grinding. A 50% increase in return for exp/creds makes premium worth your effort. You appear to have time, use that to make some gold.

Skirmishes/Tourneys are the way to go for easy gold. I would play those, get your premium account 2-3 months at a time for 1-2 weeks effort for 2-3 hours worth of work a night per week

You'll want some tier 5's and 6's that are 1. incredibly powerful and 2. don't cost much to rearm/repair in relation to credit gain.  I ground the maus without premium back when it was the only german heavy, and I ground the JT the same fashion back when tier 9 TD's was it, and I spent a lot of time in lower tier tanks scraping credits together. As far as free gold goes, Pretty sure that has been covered in previous posts.

If you don't have a prem account and need to "grind", just give up now. Playing without a prem account is fine. Once you drop the casual part and label it grinding you're in for a hell of a bad time.

Thi. As a long time standard account user i can tell you i go mad when i try to grind more than 1-2 lines at a time. Usually the best strategy for me is picking a line i like and playing that line a couple of games while keeping up my normal tank rotation with the tanks i love to play. It's not by any means fast but it helps you keep your sanity and gives out some nice free xp in the meanwhile.

You mentioned at least three tanks you play. Playing daily doubles helps, as it doesn't take up too much time normally doesn't take too long to win, and you can do them everyday. In theory too I guess, shooting gold technically helps get more exp/credits (minus the bigger amount spent on the gold rounds)

Besides, with daily doubles and premium, a x2 will become a x3 exp modifier.  A x3 will become a x4,5. A x5  will become a x7.5 modifier.

For grinding (not playing as rexxie stated) premium is great. Drink less to save some money.

I need to learn that lesson too, been playing withour prem for too long now...

As others have mentioned, skirmishes are a great way to get gold.  

Also, if you are planning to play for a long time, they usually have sales a few times a year on 6 and 12 months of prem time.  If you buy 12 months of prem at 15% off it works out to 1700 gold/month, which isn't bad

Skirmishes and tourneys. A little bit of coordination can beat 90% of the teams out there and net you some gold. 

how to grind without premium account?

Play tier 8 premium

Play grind tank

repeat.

works with premium account too

(Playing so much tier 8 prem is taxing, but the excess credits you get from this process go to your new shiny tank so its worth it)