bjshnog

Artillery survey: Skill vs Opinion

Unfortunately, filtering answers through WNx screws the entire thing up.

There's a win rate part too, but it's far less accurate. You know, because I'm trying to satisfy as many people as possible. Now you can kindly get the fuck out of my thread.

We should start something like chinks have on their server when someone drives a golden Type 59. TK the arta cunts at the start of the battle.

As much as I hate arty, no. Fighting windowlickers with their habit is not a solution.

You are all so brave here. Go ahead, start TK-ing see how far you manage to go. I havent been TK-ed in arty for 2 years probably.

Same with the "Stalin/Stalinec inscriptions (They even had a mod lol), bunch of cowards who like waste space on forums.

Same with the "Stalin/Stalinec inscriptions (They even had a mod lol), bunch of cowards who like waste space on forums.

Currently have "Staljinec", "Za Staljina", "Joseph Stalin" and "Na Zapad" on 5 tanks in garage (tier x meds + su-122-44 + KV-5) from day 1. Still waiting for that promissed TK.

People that "extreme" rarely do anything, its just big talk for people with small brains.

You are all so brave here. Go ahead, start TK-ing see how far you manage to go. I havent been TK-ed in arty for 2 years probably.

I was wondering how the NA server would deal with inscriptions. I actually put one of those Stalin ones on my T-62A, but there have been absolutely no reactions.

Questions ...

Would you people say that in game, the accuracy of arty is about on par with WW2 arty or Vietnam era arty?

I tend to think its closer to Vietnam levels personally.

If they made it less accurate ie bigger aiming circle with slower zero in rate with a higher RNG element to the accuracy would that appease anyone?

95% of the people on NA have no clue what they say and out of the 5% that do probably less the 1% actually have a negative opinion and roughly 0.01% are willing to do anything (Then they get sent to cool off for a day or two).

Even with the "Red turret" mod existing (Still makes me laugh) I never got shot or even messaged (I only kept the insignia for a week I think).

Questions ...

Would you people say that in game, the accuracy of arty is about on par with WW2 arty or Vietnam era arty?

If they made it less accurate ie bigger aiming circle with slower zero in rate with a higher RNG element to the accuracy would that appease anyone?

Arty in game has nothing to do with real life.

Questions ...

It would still be wrong. It would still concentrate on hitting a single tank. Arty needs to change from single fire, accurate weapon, to barrage inaccurate weapon. Any reballancing will just shift the problem. As long as arty is "one gun" it will be broken.

It would still be wrong. It would still concentrate on hitting a single tank. Arty needs to change from single fire, accurate weapon, to barrage inaccurate weapon. Any reballancing will just shift the problem. As long as arty is "one gun" it will be broken.

Not to be an ass but playing devils advocate ...

I agree, but due to the loyal arty playerbase ... it is still a business trying to make money after all, they still have to make it fun while not overchallenging.  Less accuracy and difficult to direct hit a tank while more apt to inflict splash damage which in reality was the case most of the time ie  tank intact, engine, radiator, fuel lines hit, catch fire  ect was the norm

317 responses so far.

Guess what. There is a distinct large-scale agreement that arty is bad for the game, which sharply increases when filtering out players with recent WN8 < 1900 and recent WR < 57%.

Why are you running "the same" poll as that clown Intrepid?

Did you find some gold in Garbads rear entrance?

I hate arty just as much as he does.

Interesting results on "defending against arty". Yellow- tend to hide behind hard cover, where blue+ hold open positions and abuse terrain more than solid houses. Perhaps it's the different playstyle between different skilled players that determines if arty needs to DIAF?

It's also amusing how neither sample groups can agree on whether arty is OP or not.

Interesting results on "defending against arty". Yellow- tend to hide behind hard cover, where blue+ hold open positions and abuse terrain more than solid houses. Perhaps it's the different playstyle between different skilled players that determines if arty needs to DIAF?

It's also amusing how neither sample groups can agree on whether arty is OP or not.

Skilled players just understand the game better and know what they need to do to win, while unskilled players think hiding and camping is the best option.

I expected the OP question to be pretty neutral.

Maybe arty focus down on these decent 1900wn8 players often, causing them to be very upset and focus their rage on arty as a whole? Just a theory.

Maybe arty focus down on these decent 1900wn8 players often, causing them to be very upset and focus their rage on arty as a whole? Just a theory.

Every player who owns xwm will do that. I have been shot at by arty, driving 70kmh in my scout, for the entire match. Its evident whatever im driving and whatever the enemy is driving if they own xwm they will shoot me first, its just that its more anoying when they do it in arty.

That's a very close-minded way of approaching why people hate arty

How about the fact that it can:

- Hit you across the map even at map borders

- Hit you behind cover

- Kill you in one shot from full health

- Be played without knowledge of any game mechanics whatsoever

- Easily influence a match with pure luck

Want me to keep going?

That's a very close-minded way of approaching why people hate arty

How about the fact that it can:

- Hit you across the map even at map borders

- Hit you behind cover

- Kill you in one shot from full health

- Be played without knowledge of any game mechanics whatsoever

- Easily influence a match with pure luck

Want me to keep going?

What I am trying to hint at is that this may contribute to the trend of good players disliking artillery.

Yes, sure they can one hit some tanks.

Sure they can sometimes hit behind cover. Well, some can.

Sure thay can hit you across the map.

Sure thay can be played without game mechanic knowledge.

But. Have you tried to hit across a map in arty?

Shoot behind cover in arty?

Hit something where you can deal full damage?

Arty nerf of 8.6 essentially makes your arguements obsolete. I have 1 shot paper tanks that are still. Heavily arnoured/decently armoured tanks? Once every 50 games.

I am not defending it, I am merely stating that there is an attitude towards artillery that is making it much worse than it really is.

But. Have you tried to hit across a map in arty?

Shoot behind cover in arty?

Hit something where you can deal full damage?

In the short session of games I played to write a review on the Conqueror Gun Carriage, I managed at least one of those once every match

Arty nerf of 8.6 essentially makes your arguements obsolete. I have 1 shot paper tanks that are still.

So uh what did 8.6 change about arty?

Made them fire slower

Made them aim slower

Made their shells travel slower

Did it change how far across the map they can reach?

Yes, they buffed it, most SPGs now have more range than before

Did they change how you can kill a tank in one shot?

Nope, you can still kill any given tank in one shot with the right luck, you just notice it a lot less due to the slower everything

Did they change how you can hit a tank in cover?

Nope, still the same as before

I am not defending it, I am merely stating that there is an attitude towards artillery that is making it much worse than it really is.

Fuck arty and fuck you, I don't care if you think my judgement on them is fair or not, if clickers didn't want a reputation as dry paint licking half-brains, they wouldn't be playing arty

Confirming heavily armoured (relatively) tanks have it easy with this awesome arty mechanic

s5Byt4W.jpg

Hmm... I guess when I find the time, I will take a dip into the waters of other servers to see the difference. Here in SEA, arty players are mainly bots.

It seems you are very passionate about hating arty. Sorry for ruffling your jimmies.

Bad grammar...o_o