pilgrim143

which heavy line?

So I want to pick up a german heavy line, but I don't know which one is more n00b friendly.

The E-100 line is the more user-friendly of the German heavy lines.  Apart from a couple of frustrating tanks (I'm looking at YOU, 3601(H)), it's a pretty well-rounded line all around and a fairly enjoyable grind.  Just learn to hull-down to protect your LFP and angle your armor to increase its effective thickness.

E-100 line for sure.
First of all it starts at tier 4 whereas you get your first Maus-line heavy at tier 7 (Tiger P).
Secondly: E-100 line is more user friendly...
Tiger is an awesome tank (dat RoF), whereas the Tiger P is meh since it's armor doesn't hold up to good playerers. --> DPM monster vs. Front line tank.
Tiger II has a way better gun than the VK: -->  line holder vs heavium.
haven't played the tier 9s but from what I gathered the VK is a worse E-75 due to rear mounted turret and baaad turret roof.
Then E-100 and Maus...

If you can't decide I would recommend the Henschel line just because of the Tiger. So far this is one of my most beloved tanks :smallsmile:
Tiger II is also nice since it's gun can hold it's own in T10: You are accurate enough to snipe and have sufficient pen.

Vk3601h is awesome in my opinion, but whatever :D

Except for that, yeah E100 line by far, but in the higher tiers (9-10 mainly, even 8) I would still not call them user friendly. They might be pretty easy to use (armor, hp, alpha, penetration most of the time), but to Master them is in my opinion as hard as many mediums: How to angle, how to angle against multiple enemies, dealing with the long reload (and mediocre/bad DPM), how exactly to sidescrap, how to angle your turret, when to wiggle and when not too, etc.

Hell, in my E100 I even angle differently against enemies in different tanks AND of different skill: Good players know they can shoot your front drive wheel when you angle much, soI angle less and wiggle more. Yellow/low green will most of them shoot your LFP, so I angle more. TDs/gold spammer will shoot your turret, so "ass up" is actually a bad idea; Against other tanks, it's awesome.

Getting better means you have to know all reloads of enemies, so that when outnumbered you know who is reloading for how long and angle accordinlgy, and then turn once they shot, etc.

Or when do you sidescrape with you turret angled, when not too. When are snapshots worth it, where not? Where is HEAT a nogo? (KV4 side I am looking at you :D).

I don't pull this out of my ass, I have nearly 3.1k average damage in my E100 and it is still rising.

The E5 or IS7 line are easier for sure, but if it's too be German, E100. Especially as the both the TX and the grind are better than in the other tree :)

So I want to pick up a german heavy line, but I don't know which one is more n00b friendly.

E-100. The Tiger P is fairly easy to play but so is the Tiger H. Beyond that point, the E-100 line is strictly better.

Maus: 'oh look, everyone else is dead and I've barely made it on grid from my spawn point, hopefully this match will be over quickly. Oh, everything bounces on, at least they gave me a decent gun rape whistle to defend myself with. ffffffffff'

E-100 'Hey look, I'm a high HP TD without camo, a ton of armor and not having a flintstone's engine. And all the crew has a nice waterbed to sit on. wait, you mean it's our fuel tank? ffffffffffff'

E-100 line by a mile.

Tiers 7-10 are good to excellent tanks.

Tier 7 Tiger after 8.6 is a DPM beast and has tier 8 HP.

Tier 8 Tiger II is a well-rounded tank with a good turret.

Tier 9 E-75 has fantastic armor and functional mobility.

Tier 10 E-100 has excellent armor and best-in-game heavy tank alpha.

Tiger > Tiger P

Tiger 2 >>> VK4502A

E-75 >>>>>>>>>>>> VK4502B

E-100 >> Maus

E-100: 4

Maus: 0

E-100 wins.

Read four below yours on the forum) for reasons why not to go the Maus line.