Tracer001

What Would you Do In This Situation?

18 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I had a rather annoying experience this last weekend that I wanted to ask your opinions on.  I don't rate myself as a good player yet, but am at least trying and seeing improvement. I just shook my head after this game at the lack of logic some people seem to have. 

Anyway, we were on El Haluf on the south spawn.  I was in a KV3 and we had a platoon of top tier T29's.  So I'm thinking I better go hill to help out but don't have the top engine so am slow.  By the time I get there the 3 T29's are fighting up the hill so I move to the right to see if I can get any shots on a TD or guard our flank, otherwise I would be in the way, poor gun depression and don't want to block better gun depression tanks.  After one shot on a TD I notice the hill needs support so I get back as soon as able.  By the time I get up the hill there is only 1 T29 left and his health is low, about 250 hp left.  We crest the hill and fight 2 more and as we move forward I try to get in front of him to shield him as I was at full health still, but he blocks me.  Then I take a shot at a Jpanther and then the fun starts.  He calls me a kill stealing you know what.  I chose to ignore him but he and his platoon mates keep it up.  Thanks to the Hellcat for defending me.  Anyway.  I said going up the middle hill, that I didn't kill steal but supported.  Then I was corrected again that I kill stole.  So after that I left him figuring he's an idiot and deserves to die so started back to our side to help out.  The game ended shortly after that with a win.

Initially I had thought wow 3 t29's, they must be good.  Then after the game I look at their stats, 42%, 44% 38%.  And their efficiency ratings were all in the low 400's or below. 

How would you guys have handled that situation?  I mean should I just ignore the mouth breathers and play the best game to help our side win regardless of the moron factor?  Or was I right in leaving this idiot to die if he got swarmed?  Its idiots like this that ruin this game.  I took a break for a year because things like this happened far too much too often and don't want to leave again.  I use xvm but only to see who may need support or not support on our team and it works well.  Hell we won a 24% game last night on Serene Coast, it was awesome.

Any advice would be helpful.

Tracer

By the time I get up the hill there is only 1 T29 left and his health is low, about 250 hp left.  We crest the hill and fight 2 more and as we move forward I try to get in front of him to shield him as I was at full health still, but he blocks me.

Or was I right in leaving this idiot to die if he got swarmed?

My advice is what I always tell people in my clan:

Never risk your own HP to save a pubbie from doing something stupid, he won't understand what you just did and will likely blame you for his problems. Not only that, but you are actually enabling him. He'll continue on and do some other stupid thing that will get him killed.

Laugh, either ignore or troll, continue playing.

If you'd let all idiocy in ths game have an effect on you, you'd need a straight-jacket after 50 games.

This is why you need XVM-- so you can smack their face with their own winrate the moment they sperg.

That would be a waste of time and effort, they think they are good and you suck and no amount of evidence to show the contrary will move them from that idea. They'll just go into complete denial right at the moment you start talking numbers.

That would be a waste of time and effort, they think they are good and you suck and no amount of evidence to show the contrary will move them from that idea. They'll just go into complete denial right at the moment you start talking numbers.

#winrateisluck

#winrateisluck

That or #statpadder

IMrzIIc.png

Kill stealing is BS - no such thing

If there's a tank and it an be killed kill it, period.

One less gun shooting back

LOL thanks for the replies guys, LOL.  I thought my first impression was right.  Honestly if I'm fighting an enemy, I honestly don't mind someone else takes out the tank.  It means as stated above we take out one more cannon and we get to move on to the next faster.  I would rather have a high damage count than low damage but lots of kills.  Take what you can get.  The object after all is to kill the other team, period.

I did have xvm installed but it was down that weekend sadly, otherwise I would have called the guy out due to his redness.   I've honestly had no one accuse me before if doing it, but when I saw his stats I just saw red. 

I had a good session last night in my pz.sfl v.  using and abusing the vision system and learning to not stay in the same spot all the time, move around and let the enemy focus on other targets then bite him in the ass again.   Lessons learned off this board,

Thanks again for all the advice, hopefully some day I'll feel comfortable in asking for a platoon mate once my stats get better.  Until then I'm enjoying the challenge.

Tracer

Then I was corrected again that I kill stole.  So after that I left him figuring he's an idiot and deserves to die so started back to our side to help out.  The game ended shortly after that with a win.

Initially I had thought wow 3 t29's, they must be good.  Then after the game I look at their stats, 42%, 44% 38%.  And their efficiency ratings were all in the low 400's or below. 

How would you guys have handled that situation?  

THIS is why I run XVM. I'm pretty mediocre myself, but the deep reds after thousands of battles like that rarely have anything of value to say or otherwise add to the game. Heck - I struggle doing that myself, but I at least manage to be average.

I would have moved to support IF the situation warranted, but likely would have ignored anything they had to say, having formed the opinion that it would be drivel at best.

LOL thanks for the replies guys, LOL.  I thought my first impression was right.  Honestly if I'm fighting an enemy, I honestly don't mind someone else takes out the tank.  It means as stated above we take out one more cannon and we get to move on to the next faster.  I would rather have a high damage count than low damage but lots of kills.  Take what you can get.  The object after all is to kill the other team, period.

I did have xvm installed but it was down that weekend sadly, otherwise I would have called the guy out due to his redness.   I've honestly had no one accuse me before if doing it, but when I saw his stats I just saw red. 

I had a good session last night in my pz.sfl v.  using and abusing the vision system and learning to not stay in the same spot all the time, move around and let the enemy focus on other targets then bite him in the ass again.   Lessons learned off this board,

Thanks again for all the advice, hopefully some day I'll feel comfortable in asking for a platoon mate once my stats get better.  Until then I'm enjoying the challenge.

Tracer

Go ahead and start asking around for platoon mates in the in-game channel, or just lurk around until someone else asks for one. 90% of the time people will be happy just to have another functioning human on their team regardless of your current stats.