rocketbrainsurgeon

Designated Target by jogdi

Nice job on the DT spading, jodgi.  Seems like a pretty decent skill for turreted light tanks, assuming the person in question pays attention and the turret traverse is fast.

In my book just about any skill or perk is better than a 3% chance increase to do crit. damage. But that's just me.

I haven't actually tested this since I never kept track, but I have Deadeye on both my T-54 and my Hellcat (because I'm shit) and it seems like I do more crit damage than I did before getting the perk, in proportion to the number of penetrating hits I score.  

I imagine it would be a lot more useful on low-tier autocannon tanks such as the Pz I C, I did the math a while back and in a single 40-round clip it was something like a ~70% or so chance of getting at least one additional critical hit.

Of course, it might still require you to actually hit the module in question, so it might not be useful unless you're the kind of person who specifically aims at ammo racks, crew, engines, etc.

This might be useful in a passive scout, but considering how many good skills the gunner gets this is really only going to be a 3rd skill at best. I'd be interested in know what would happen if you were to 'sweep' the enemy targets you lit very quickly; it might mean you could light up the whole team for the extra time (think the start of Malinovka! That would be OP).

Did noone here ever tested designated target in stratgic view? D:

Just to note it works too! I've tested it in this replay (hope it still works).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1001390#report

Maybe you guys can answer me, why the 50B wasn't spotted longer, when he shot twice. (or at least give me a link to the answer)

Hope this post is no garba(d)ge, i'm new here. (and i'm goin to WoT-Hell for this)

The wiki is outdated for a long time. Even WG just confirmed that :D

From http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/update-wot-wiki-available/

"You have probably noticed that our official Wiki page stopped being updated some time ago and did not match the current version of the game."

But don't rely on the new wiki either, it's just the old wiki copied & pasted...

As well don't rely on the devlopers (i dont know the NA ones, but ppl like Storm, Chieftain etc.). They also confirmed designated target wouldn't work on arty. Prove me wrong if needed :D

I could see this being my 4th-6th skill for my scout crews.  Being that my best scout crews are at 2 skills/perks, I don't see this perk being utilized on my tanks anytime soon.

Sklls/Perks for scouts that would be more effective would include:  Camo, snap shot, repair, dead eye, BIA.

Thanks for doing the research it's always better to know what a skill/perk does rather than guessing on the effects of a skill/perk.

Did noone here ever tested designated target in stratgic view? D:

Just to note it works too! I've tested it in this replay (hope it still works).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1001390#report

Maybe you guys can answer me, why the 50B wasn't spotted longer, when he shot twice. (or at least give me a link to the answer)

Hope this post is no garba(d)ge, i'm new here. (and i'm goin to WoT-Hell for this)

The problem is that it only works for targets that you are spotting.  For arty you would want it for normal battle when you are shooting targets spotted by another tank.  If the tank is inbound to your location ready to fuck you up - it is like saving an AP shell for that last shot.  It might work sometimes, but it isn't going to affect your overall success.