FTR Source: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/08/9-1-preliminary-patchnotes/

Tigers, Hellcat and T29 got hit hard. KV-1S stays for now.

Breaking news that BT-7 and AT-1 and T-46's, as well as cruiser mark 1s will be buffed very slightly.

justin-bieber-visits-animal-shelter.jpg

Opinion:

Nobody gives a mice crap about BT-7 or AT-1(except maybe jsnazz) . Where are the balances for the tier 8/9/10? Waffles E100? LOL4202?

Where are the supposed 'light buffs' except the VK2801? A20s still seeing tier8s (yes go scouting with your stronk scout 300m view range)? Tier 6/7 lights act as fillers in tier 10 games?

And no, the JgpzIV is terrible not because its mobility. If you want to buff its mobility to make it compete against KV1S, you will need E-25 level of mobility.

WG_BALANCE_IS_GREAT

SS did indicate that some changes and additions can (will?) be made.  Hopefully that will mean some changes to really overpowered tanks (I am looking at you, KV-1S and Rhoomba).

SS did indicate that some changes and additions can (will?) be made.  Hopefully that will mean some changes to really overpowered tanks (I am looking at you, KV-1S and Rhoomba).

KV-1S won't be nerfed, the 1S split will be the nerf... whenever that is... 3 years in the future

Yeah, Hellcat just got nerfbatted into oblivion. It got the full M48A1/Marder II treatment: dispersion massively nerfed, mobility nerfed, RoF nerfed, camo after firing nerfed.

The big item is this:

- removed the TD camo class bonus when shooting the gun (apart from premium TD’s)

There you got your rhoomba nerf. The part about premium TDs keeping the camo bonus is rather interesting, though.

Lol, classic WG.

I was under the impression the TD camo nerf after shot was supposed to be for the high caliber TDs? Or will it just not affect the sub 90mm guns that much? Idk how caliber affects all that.

Lol, classic WG.

I was under the impression the TD camo nerf after shot was supposed to be for the high caliber TDs? Or will it just not affect the sub 90mm guns that much? Idk how caliber affects all that.

Supposedly it affects ALL (non-premium) tank destroyers

Yeah I saw the T32 *buff* and I was thinking "why?" if anything, make its gun more competitive penetration wise with all the other tier 8 Heavies, so base pen of 220 APCR at 260 or so. That would have been a much better *buff*

RIP American tenks, Russia master race 

I will still probably keep the T29, it was only hit in a minor way. The Hellcat will probably be unfun now, having taken a bat across the board.

Wasn't the "GREAT AND GLORIOUS LIGHT TANK REBALANCING™" supposed to come in 9.1? or did I just miss everything in the patch notes about it? :ph34r:

Oh boy... vehicle balancing changes... and still no KV-1S nerf, brilliant.

Individual changes:

Jagdpanzer IV

Okay, so they made it more like the E-25? To be honest, I would have appreciated a view range buff along with that mobility improvement. But any buff is good, I guess.

Panzer I

Low tiers, so... can't comment on that.

Tiger I

Everything except the HP nerf seems tame, although I think a nerf to 1400 HP is maybe overdoing it in the wrong area?

Tiger P

Didn't really feel like that thing needed a nerf in the current meta, to be honest.

VK2801

It still has pretty terrible camo, but I guess better mobility is nice to have?

VK3001P

It didn't seem that terrible after they buffed the 88mm reload and gun depression on it some patches ago, but I can't really comment on that thing. Didn't seem like much of a factor whenever I encountered it.

Cruiser Mk.I

Vickers Medium Mk. II

Universal Carrier 2-pdr

No clue.

AT7

I can't understand the nerf at all. When I ground through that thing one or two months ago I hated it. Maybe the high skill floor on this thing is rearing its ugly head but even 45% players spammed sprem at the cupola or straight through the hull if their pen was above 210mm, so I don't think it needs a nerf.

Hellcat

It was broken, no arguing with that. At least there now you will be able to play the M36 without thinking you're just driving a shittier M18 all the time. The reduced reverse speed would make this so annoying to play for me if I still had it. Well, at least the T25/2 won't seem like such a huge downgrade any more. Also, they didn't touch the T49, toplel.

M4 Sherman

Derp M4s were annoying, no idea if they were still OP though.

T18

Ouch, these nerfs seem pretty painful. Not underserved though, the thing was stupidly OP.

T29

So.. they nerfed it to be more like the T34 ? Ugh. Can't really argue that it needed some kind of nerf, but if it starts playing like the T34 this one's a goner.

T32

Not going to make the tank OP, so why not.

T40

Deserved, could easily break the game on certain maps.

A-32, AT-1

Okay, don't really care. Doubt this will result in OP tanks.

BT-7

Don't care.

MT-25

Well, some buffs, why not. No idea, didn't seem like a great tank before.

SU-101

This thing definitely needs some help, doubt it even is enough, to be honest. Still less HP than an ISU-152....

T-28, T-46

I don't care.

I will still probably keep the T29, it was only hit in a minor way. The Hellcat will probably be unfun now, having taken a bat across the board.

20% increase to terrain resistance is big.  10% increase to dispersion for both turret and hull movement.  And worse DPM.  That's not a small hit.

20% increase to terrain resistance is big.  10% increase to dispersion for both turret and hull movement.  And worse DPM.  That's not a small hit.

Yeah, I guess each individual hit is small, with the exception of the mobility hit. The combination of them hurts more than any one alone.

Compared to what the Hellcat took, though, it does seem small! Those of us who remember the M48A1 Great Nerf™ are having flashbacks.

The hellcat looks like it will be unplayable now.  Luckily none of the Russian tanks got nerfed because that would just be ludicrous.

Does it seem a little silly to make large changes to individual TDs which are about to lose one of their major class benefits at the same time? It seems excessive to me. Excepting the T18, of course.

Does it seem a little silly to make large changes to individual TDs which are about to lose one of their major class benefits at the same time? It seems excessive to me.

Excessive is how WG does balance.

Lol, classic WG.

I think it was all guns, but the effect has to do with the gun itself.  IE if it has a muzzle break on the end or just a straight barrel.  One drops it full value, one drops it not as much, don't remember which does which though. 

The Hellcat should complain if WG did not even buy it dinner before bending it over like this.

Excessive is how WG does balance.

The Hellcat is (was) "excessively" OP. Honestly, can anyone dispute that these nerfs weren't needed?

I get it that people don't like to see their favorite tank balanced, but these patch notes give me some glimmer of hope that this "year of balancing" will actually improve the game.

This is in no way related to the fact one of my favorite tanks (T32) got a buff :verysmug:

Hellcat wasn't nerfed, it was fucking eviscerated. 57 percent dispersion increase is ludicrous. As in arty level bad. And the 10-17% terrain resistance? That's the shit icing on the fuck you cake. Reload increase is just adding insult to injury. It's like the IS-7 with the alleged top speed being almost 20 over realistically possible speeds on level ground.

Just the camo/turret turn dispersion nerfs would have done the job. Reload/mobility is just spiteful.

Tiger? Doesn't even notice until it starts getting shot at. Also, lol still has best gun handling for its class.

T18? Even worse than the cat. It'll move like a goddamn AMX 40 with stock engine now.