Storm adds that following LT buff will be on common test:

for tier 4 light tanks – minimal battletier 4, maximum battletier 7

for tier 5 light tanks – minimal battletier 6, maximum battletier 8

for tier 6 light tanks – minimal battletier 7, maximum battletier 9

for tier 7 light tanks – minimal battletier 8, maximum battletier 10

Chaffee will keep its special MM however

Discuss? It seems to be a net buff, but is it a meaningful buff?

even WG said it was only the first step

- the LT buff are the “first steps”

Isn't that how tier 7 light MM  already works at the moment?

They can see BT 11 right now. This will remove BT 11, so the tier 7 LTs should always have regular 8s in the match with them.

They can see BT 11 right now. This will remove BT 11, so the tier 7 LTs should always have regular 8s in the match with them.

Hadn't thought of that, thank you.

My Chaffee will probably get ultranerfed after that.

This is the only part of the light tank rebalance I'm not looking forward to.

It's probably asking too much, but I'd like to see the Type 62 get better MM than the WZ 131

It's certianly very useful that tier 7s no longer sees tier 11 BT. Overall I'm happy with this change.

Now give us tier 8 lights for Russia, German and Amurika :armoredcar:

Very meaningful.

Small buff to 4s, lose one top battle tier that doesn't occur often but is awful when it does.

Mixed bag for 5s, ELC it's a flat buff, Leopard it's no top tier but no tier 9s. Marginally better overall, but debatable.

6s gain big. Lose two top tier battles. Good because tier 6 was probably the worst tier to be a light. Wager these tanks will become viable. Notice the MT-25 already saw one tier less than the others because it was inferior, but they're buffing its mobility majorly to compensate and bring them all in line.

7s gain a good bit. Knocks off one top tier which was seen frequently.

Overall definitely a big deal for lights. 6's gains are huge, 4 and 7 are nice, 5 is ok. I hope to be able to bust these suckers out again after this and find them as useful as any other tank.

It's certianly very useful that tier 7s no longer sees tier 11 BT. Overall I'm happy with this change.

Now give us tier 8 lights for Russia, German and Amurika :armoredcar:

For Germany, the RU 251 could finally be introduced at Tier 8, giving AFK Panther drivers something to look forward to.

For America, we could have the T37 at Tier 6, M41 Walker Bulldog at Tier 7, and T49 LT at Tier 8 (not the TD).

For Russia, some viable options would be the Gavalov LT at Tier 7, and the T-100 at Tier 8. A more realistic version of the T-50-2 could be introduced at Tier 5.

Discuss? It seems to be a net buff, but is it a meaningful buff?

I like the idea of taking small incremental steps rather than sudden game breaking steps with unpredictable results.

This shows a greater maturity from Wargaming.  They are not silly despite all the crap thrown at them.

So other than the tier 4s and the Chaffee, light tanks will all have a three tier spread just like normal tanks.  That's nice since now you'll be able to platoon them with non-light tanks without screwing up your matchmaking.

I might rebuy my MT-25, and then maybe grind the Batchat line. the fact it was light tanks till the lorraine was putting me off it, even though the 13 90 is apparently pretty good. the 13 75/12t were not really to be looked foreward to.

For Germany, the RU 251 could finally be introduced at Tier 8, giving AFK Panther drivers something to look forward to.

More than likely the RU251 will never be introduced given that the Germans won't let WG anywhere near the prototype. 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/29/ru251-not-anytime-soon/

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/29/opinion-of-munster-tank-museum-on-world-of-tanks/

Logical first step due to the removal of battle tier 12. Now all lights will have the same MM spreads as the tier 8 lights (normal MM of a tier +1).

It also means you can actually platoon with them too which is a huge + in my book. If they do plan to introduce tier 10 lights, this MM change will be worthless, however.

So other than the tier 4s and the Chaffee, light tanks will all have a three tier spread just like normal tanks. That's nice since now you'll be able to platoon them with non-light tanks without screwing up your matchmaking.

As long as you toon with a tank that is 1 tier higher. Eg, tier 6 scout with tier 7 normal tanks.

For America, we could have the T37 at Tier 6, M41 Walker Bulldog at Tier 7, and T49 LT at Tier 8 (not the TD).

For Russia, some viable options would be the Gavalov LT at Tier 7, and the T-100 at Tier 8. A more realistic version of the T-50-2 could be introduced at Tier 5.

How about an actual light tank line for USSR which ends in a T-64A medium? :armoredcar:

More ELC in tier 6 is trollolol. 

This may be a nerf for Crusader, which currently gets BT5-7?  Same thing for Covenanter.  Maybe FTR will clarify that today.

A-20 in tier 4-7 is still shit.  Really should just be BT4-6 like the Covenanter.

MT-25, with better MM and better mobility might justify having it mothballed in the garage for so long.  The 59-16 also gets a small MM buff, which is nice.

For the first time ever, the Russian/Chinese 57mm gun will no longer be matched against tier 10 tanks.  That fact should speak volumes to the terrible LT matchmaking we've put up with.