Sign in to follow this  
PanzerXO

HAAAAXXXXX! (Mods for WOWP - makes it MUCH easier...)

Okay, I've been trolling the RU forums and found some things of interest.  They have a mod installer for WOWP which gives you several GUI improvements - better information, better camera, etc.

Check out the vid for an overview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daN-tDypWhE&feature=youtu.be 

Recommend watching in HD so you can actually see the effects.

The camera takes a bit of getting used to, but the increased field of view is totally worth it.

Also, changing the colors of targets & arrows makes it much easier to see.

Not for the faint of heart however; it changes your language setting to Russian.  So if you don't know what the "Battle" button looks like (unless you can read it in Anglais) you are SOL.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/topic/6940-%d0%bf%d1%80%d0%be%d0%b3%d1%80%d0%b0%d0%bc%d0%bc%d0%b0-%d0%b4%d0%bb%d1%8f-%d1%83%d1%81%d1%82%d0%b0%d0%bd%d0%be%d0%b2%d0%ba%d0%b8-%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%b4%d0%be%d0%b2-%d0%bd%d0%b0-wowp-043-%d0%b8-%d1%81%d0%b0%d0%bc%d0%b8-%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%b4%d1%8b/#top

You can use Google Translate.  They have a video explaining how the mod installer works - but you have to watch it a few times to get it right.

Anything by Hootorez is golden.

Looks way better to be honest. Hope they look at this and implement the same things... or at least the arrows.

uuugh. the sounds in WoWP are TERRIBLE. that engine noise is just bad. flat and horrible. yuk.

sorry. im just massively dissapointed that WG could not do better with WoWP.

we has a section for this now.

Dis place jus keeps getting biggah an biggah.  Next ting ya know, Neverwish'll be crunchin dem stats fer dem dere flyboy XVM statpaddahs.

Now where dat crawfish jumbo an muffaletta done got deyselfs to?

I platooned with a couple of aces last night - learned a lot.

One of the things I've been lacking is tactical patience, and I tend to get target-focused.  The WOWP community is pretty good about trying to help us tankers figure out the game.  Been practicing what they showed me and my solo play has improved.

Anyway, if anyone wants a decent wing-man, look me up in game.  I finally have my recent stats up to 50% w/r (although while platooned that jumped to 65%...  great to be carried, sometimes!).

If we're going to have WoWP and WoWS, maybe neverwish should change teh name to WGLabs. or WoL (World of Labs)

This!

I'd also request stat sig support for WoWP as what use is the for getting huge stats (143 battles, 85% WR and 442 kills by now) if you cannot flaunt them? :thumbup:

uuugh. the sounds in WoWP are TERRIBLE. that engine noise is just bad. flat and horrible. yuk.

sorry. im just massively dissapointed that WG could not do better with WoWP.

The whole game is terrible. I played a couple of games and couldn't stand it. WT did a much better job on everything so I hope WoWP makes some vast improvements. 

The whole game is terrible. I played a couple of games and couldn't stand it. WT did a much better job on everything so I hope WoWP makes some vast improvements. 

I experienced the opposite, WT should just be called World of UFOs, all planes roll and climb at such ridiculous paces.

And ofc there's no spread on bullets, at all.

I honestly prefer wowp after trying both, even though I perform much much better in WT, but I will continue playing both for a while.

I think that at this point, WT vs. WoWP are both pretty good at what they want to be even if they have some flaws and any judgements of one being bad or whatever is more a philosophical question than something where objective judgement is possible. WT arcade is kind of conflicted though, with the way the realism and arcade mechanics interact.

I experienced the opposite, WT should just be called World of UFOs, all planes roll and climb at such ridiculous paces.

And ofc there's no spread on bullets, at all.

I honestly prefer wowp after trying both, even though I perform much much better in WT, but I will continue playing both for a while.

Do you play HB or Arcade? Don't bitch about UFO's in arcade mode... its arcade!

Do you play HB or Arcade? Don't bitch about UFO's in arcade mode... its arcade!

"The planes fly like UFO's" "Don't play arcade"

"The games take way too long" "Don't play HB or FRB"

"Joystick is unusable due to FM bugs and the mousesnipers dominate" "Don't play Arcade or HB"

"FRB is mostly played with AI bots due to lack of players" "Play HB or Arcade!"

Whatever criticism one might have on WT the answer is always "change gamemode" even if that other game mode has it's own problems.

I personally want quick arcadish action with planes that have their own character and I want to play with joystick. So there is nothing WT can offer to me at this moment.

Related to OP:

I've used that camera mod for ages. It's a must for improved situational awareness. I recommend that to everyone.

I personally want quick arcadish action with planes that have their own character and I want to play with joystick. So there is nothing WT can offer to me at this moment.

The only thing WT has offered to me so far are absurdly long to download patches and a messed up MM that puts my reserve planes against high tier planes. As far as I know they still didn't fix that little detail... no WT for me. Too bad, I liked a lot of things like the possibility to land crippled planes. Once I lost my engine at high altitude and managed to glide for about two minutes to land in base and repair my plane. Lol. Too bad that in one of the latest patches you go crashing down even with damage levels you could have dealt with in the past.