Okeano

Self evaluation thread

Consistent play. My typical night ends up with 5-6 over 3k WN8 games, and then 2-3 sub 500 from a total potato so my net is around the mid 2k range, or even lower depending on my potato ratio. 

I was just about to say the same thing. Last night, for example, I had about 50% games > 2500 WN8 and 50% games < 1000 WN8, a huge swing. Yes, the 5x weekend was crazy, but I should be adjusting. I believe that ability is allowing me to take advantage of situations to carry and pull in big games, but my aggressive play is costing me big time in almost as many games.

I've kind of mentally opted out of the entire WN8 thing, BUT it has proven useful in showing me how inconsistent I am when playing.

I can't avoid rivers, i see water and instantly feel the urge to drown. 

plz halp. 

Really though i'm irreversibly broken, i recently discovered that every aspect of the way i play this game is flawed. GG. 

I can't brawl for shit.

I can't fight more than one enemy tank well.

I am too inconsistent.

I yolo too often and hope to pull of epic plays when in reality, I just fail.

Strengths:

- Able to identify the key strategies on most maps

- Usually able to anticipate enemy team moves

- Usually excellent situational awareness

- Able to quickly identify winning tactics for any given situation

Weaknesses:

- Too aggressive, especially in non-medium tanks. Occasionally reckless to the point of stupidity

- Unable to crank out the damage like so many other purple players seem to do

- Sometimes lack patience, and the ability to recognize that patience is the only option

- Still haven't memorized the weak spots on many tanks (it's never been a priority for me)

- Often too lazy to min/max many tanks/crews

- Often stay engaged in situations where my tank is at a disadvantage

I'm just gonna quote this because it sums me up perfectly.  

• Way way way too aggressive when soloing trying to force things to happen that require better players teamwork to pull off.  
  • Practice blocking shots for teammates on terrible players where it's basically wasted. 
  • Aggressive scouting when your team won't have the wherewithal to actually take advantage of it.  
  • Stubbornly stay in a spot that I feel is critical instead of declining and making things happen somewhere else.
  • Don't have the best grasp of all the sight lines on maps, so I can't eek out shots other people can.
  • Not great at firing through cover or sensing positions of enemies to land extra shots.
  • Not the best sense of when trading hp for position is best.  I do it way too much when I shouldn't.

I don't give a shit. Too aggressive, drive tanks like I stole them. Zero regard for life and limb.

Volume warning.

I know all this, but I don't care. Driving at people and shooting them in the face is too much fun.

I tunnel vision a lot, which is really bad.  I'll circle a TD or heavy for a kill only to find out I didn't even realize there were 2 "snipers" that have a line on his rear end, which usually cuts my circling very short.

I also try to be really aggressive, and I end up in a great spot for an early impact, but with no team mates behind or around me.

But something I didn't see anyone else point out... I like variety.  I play a lot of different tanks, even ones that don't carry games very well.  That much variety doesn't help with being consistent...  I also platoon with good friends in the game who aren't very good, and I end up having to carry that weight on my limited size shoulders.

My focus for right now is trying to tunnel less, and also trying to be a bit more patient at the start of matches to see where my pubbies land, and then adjust my strategy to that, rather than head straight away for a spot I think is "good" only to find out there's nobody behind me (especially when I'm in a scout).

I'm too unwilling to sacrifice pubbies. If I see 3-4 pubbies move up in kind of a dumb direction, I'll actually move with them to provide lights/fire support/etc. Too often it ends badly.

Yea this is my problem too.

On the one hand I believe if I support them we can win that flank, even if they are going about it the wrong way.

Also I do it sometimes because I know how frustrating it can be to not have support.

I need to recognize earlier when I'm in a really bad position. Staying those extra 5-10 seconds gets me killed way too often. Bail early, bail often. 

Also need to recognize earlier when whatever strategy I've decided on in the countdown isn't going to work 1 minute it. 

Too often I say "ooh, east on steppes of course, lets go". Look around 30 seconds later and see its me and a jp2 (in my 140). Pointelss pushes/holds on weak flanks is a killer. 

I feel my initial positioning and lack of consistent play are my biggest problems (among several others). 

Even though I have used Sela's map guides to help with my initial positioning I still feel that I am starting out in bad positions to deal early damage and to allow me to react effectively to the flow of battle. 

I am also way too inconsistent in my play.  I'll have great WN8 games balanced by the total potato matches that leave me with a mediocre WN8 for the day.  I am not a great or very experienced player like most on here but I do feel like I can do better.

Recently shied away from an offer by a purple that would have helped me improve my gameplay.  Sometimes you have to jump into the unknown and try something new...I didn't and regret it.  Live and learn.

Too aggressive when I should be passive.

Too passive when i should be aggressive.

On the seemingly rare occasion where the stars line up and I do exactly what I need to do I have a great game and win.  Basically though, I've just been getting worse sine the 8.11 patch.  I can't put my finger on what the problem is.  Everything is going backwards right now.  Damage/game and kills/game have been in a steady decline.  Where I was averaging around 1600+ in damage and 1.5 kills every game has dropped to just above 1400 and 1.1.  It's horribly frustrating just constantly out of position to do anything useful at all.

I tend to go after players on the other team that are "better" in terms of clan/WN8/dangerous tank.  Sometimes I do this to the exclusion of all good sense.  One does not simply have a boss fight in the middle of a melee ala Hollywood.

I am becoming impatient with shots, rushing slightly inaccurate fire when another .5 seconds of aim time would make a hit more likely and sometimes costing us a game.  Prime example of this was failing to shoot an NTR 50 100 in the side with my IS-3 because I was in too much of a damn hurry.  I want to keep my gun on reload as frequently as possible.  Related to that...

I take suboptimal shots (target barely poking out of cover, unfavorable angle, etc) in the interest of keeping rounds in the air.  While in theory this is a good idea, I can often count at least one shot/battle that, immediately upon taking it, entices the target move to a completely stationary position away from such cover and laugh at me in the middle of my reload.

I fucking hate Type 59s and will rage boner myself to death in order to remove them.

I always blame RNG for my missed shots because I never wait for the circle to shrink. Rip me and my hit rate.

Also not farming damage at the right times in my 54, I always push like a monkey and let my team attrition them to death while i distract them for a shitty 2k damage game.

I can't stand being behind other tanks. I want to be out there punching things in the face, or stabbing them in the ass.

This costs me terribly most of the time and if I can't find a way to learn patience, I'll probably have to find another game to play. This one is driving me insane.

I tunnelvision too often.

I don't take lines-of-fire unspotted enemy tanks may have on me into account often enough.

I yolo too much.

Seeing so many purples talk about their gameplay's flaws is oddly encouraging. 

I'm just so inconsistent. I can pull off a 4700 dmg match and clutch another, but follow it up with some 0 dmg matches. My knowledge of mechanics is lacking and I'm horribly indecisive when it comes to positioning and flanking. I suppose I just gamble too much. 

My biggest problem is staying in position for one... more.... shot... 

Too often I'll see a tank that can be taken out and sit there for 4-5 seconds after being lit so that I can reload and finish him.  In exchange for 50-75% of my HP.  It only takes one bad trade in a game to ruin your effectiveness.

So true. A problem I have at times as well.

I think one of my biggest problems is I tend to be aggressive. I want to push and when my team isn't doing its job, I end up trying to do it, even if it is a weakly armored vehicle with shit view range.