rocketbrainsurgeon

Best Tank Lines for Grinding Efficiently by Kewei

At the risk of sounding extremely stupid: How does 'backward research' work? I had no clue you could, for example, research a Panther from the Tiger II, for example. Always thought it was a one-way thing from the Panther.

• T28 reverse research to T28 Prototype > T110E4

You can't go from the regular to the Proto, right?

Right, he got it backwards.

At the risk of sounding extremely stupid: How does 'backward research' work? I had no clue you could, for example, research a Panther from the Tiger II, for example. Always thought it was a one-way thing from the Panther.

If this is possible, I wish I would have known it before grinding up half these lines.

If this is possible, I wish I would have known it before grinding up half these lines.

I just tried to research the Pz. II G from the Luchs and I couldn't without spending free xp, so I'm pretty sure backward research isn't a real thing.  Otherwise I'd feel really dumb for playing the A-44.

I just tried to research the Pz. II G from the Luchs and I couldn't without spending free xp, so I'm pretty sure backward research isn't a real thing.  Otherwise I'd feel really dumb for playing the A-44.

Ah.  Well that's still good to know in case I want to drop some gold to avoid a particularly horrible grind.  It would have been amazing to just use T54 XP to move back to the O216, for example.

For efficient grind, why KV-13 wasn't mentioned here? Just go through KV-1S or T-34-85 and you get Object 140,T-62A and IS-7 since I heard Object 430 is not as great as it's brother in CW and if you use KV-13, you will also get IS-3 for tourney,TB and TC too.(IS-7 at least has some place in CW for small clan)

Sorry if misunderstand something,just wanna know

This is the second time I facepalmed on Keweis article, in a row. How can someone who plays good write such silly stuff?

Playing well and writing well are two different skill-sets.  When people write, they theorycraft a bit and submit second drafts later when they've had a chance to try some of their theory out a little more and see that it worked slightly differently than they thought it would.  I know he wanted to edit a few of these, but he got a job and suddenly and predictably disappeared.  He'll show up again in ~3 months like clockwork, or not at all.

Alright, Kewei was just on drugs or something when he wrote this.  I've take those "reverse research" pieces out as they certainly don't work 

Do we know it doesn't work? I know you can't use tank xp to do it - but I always thought you could use purely free xp to do it as the research button lights up. I'll try it out tonight.

Do we know it doesn't work? I know you can't use tank xp to do it - but I always thought you could use purely free xp to do it as the research button lights up. I'll try it out tonight.

But it does not light up...

I can't read the article at the moment, but maybe the "reverse research" is when you unlock modules on another line that can be used the line you are currently grinding. For instance you unlock the guns on the Chinese heavy line so you don't have to play with the stock guns on the medium line.

I can't read the article at the moment, but maybe the "reverse research" is when you unlock modules on another line that can be used the line you are currently grinding. For instance you unlock the guns on the Chinese heavy line so you don't have to play with the stock guns on the medium line.

no, considering the article said stuff like "reverse research obj 416 from T-54:"

So you can see, the only line that’s really worth going up in the British tree is the TD line – and only for fun, the rest are just half-assed hybrids of other nations. As for research paths, I would definitely aim to go for the Valentine > Churchill I > Churchill GC > AT7 > FV215B 183mm, then go back and go from Churchill I > FV215B to minimize research cost and time spent buying and rebuying, then the FV4202 line.

Absolutely not.  Never.  Under no conditions play the Church GC, unless for some reason you want to play that actual tank.  I say this from experience; I took the GC shortcut, and then played up the normal TD line for the tier 5 event they did in the fall.

The Church GC is an unpleasant grind (as generally acknowledged).  I played it solo and from stock at 57% so it isn't unusable, but it is definitely not fun.  The worst part is that if you grind through it, you start on the AT-7 with the AT-2 gun (the 6 pdr 10-shot) and have to work through the guns (although you do get to unlock the AT15 gun early).  Note that I played it solo; it's 

It costs you an extra 20k xp to go to the Church GC over the AT-8, and that is the same amount of xp it takes you to get all the other TDs in the line.  You can play through the first 4 tiers without even bothering to upgrade your crew (the only possible benefit from doing the Church GC).

Reverse research doesn't work.  I have enough natural XP as well as free XP and I'm not able to unlock the Matilda.

qgJGQgv.jpg

The tank needs to be elited.

Old post, but http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/174185-psa-you-can-go-backwards-on-the-tech-tree/

EDIT: The replies to that thread seem to indicate it doesn't work. I'll need to try it out myself tonight, but it looks like you guys might be correct in that it's not be possible at all.

I totally disagree about the brit med line. It's worthwhile up to tier nine. Some fun/good meds. From a CW perspective it's a waste but there are some good tanks there starting at t2

FTFY