canadiantrex

Turning blue....not as exciting as I thought...

I'm about to hit overall blue in my stats here on wotlabs. Back when I was a an overall yellow or a light green, I would've been ecstatic to be a blue player. But now....I'm just kinda meh on it.

I figure blue overall + retarded win rate = even more arty focusing.

Also, back before 9.0 when I used XVM stats, it was usually blues that I'd see doing something completely off the wall retarded. (one time a blue pushed my platoon and started TK'ing us when we refused to yolo push into a couple autoloaders)

I've also been playing at recent purple numbers for close to 3 months or so and blue just seems kinda "meh" to me.

Is something wrong with me or does this happen to other good players? (or am I just an idiot?)

Is an inevitable step to be unicum. I fell i'm close too to get blue stats,  but I see blue players like greens jwith more care of their HP and doing some good games but not all of them. But come on all want to be purple or at least blue.

Is an inevitable step to be unicum. I fell i'm close too to get blue stats,  but I see blue players like greens jwith more care of their HP and doing some good games but not all of them. But come on all want to be purple or at least blue.

Hey, you're same overall that I am. But you got a higher recent, you'll be blue a day or so ahead of me!

I'm about to hit overall blue in my stats here on wotlabs. Back when I was a an overall yellow or a light green, I would've been ecstatic to be a blue player. But now....I'm just kinda meh on it.

I figure blue overall + retarded win rate = even more arty focusing.

Also, back before 9.0 when I used XVM stats, it was usually blues that I'd see doing something completely off the wall retarded. (one time a blue pushed my platoon and started TK'ing us when we refused to yolo push into a couple autoloaders)

Is something wrong with me or does this happen to other good players? (or am I just an idiot?)

Start playing like a baddie, drop overall stats = profit???

I just recently played a heavy amount of tanks, just so that I could finally turn over to blue! End result, getting burnt out of tanks and saying fuck the last couple points. XVM camo is still the best camo with all the clickers these days!

I feel exactly the same...I remember ( a few months ago) screenshotting my first unicum recent on Feldzug and similiar stuff.

Now, I rage at everytime I get a game below super-unicum WN8.

And even the rare times I get over 4k recent it doesn't feel that awesome anymore ^^

I think the reason most blues are blues is due to a lack of consistency. They definitely have the ability to carry games and dish out insane amounts of damage, but they're not able to do it on a consistent basis. This, in my opinion, is what separates the blues from the purples.

But yeah I would have liked to be purple maybe a year or two ago instead of now where everybody and their grandmother are using xvm. From every arty player's POV it's always "oh look a unicum let's ruin this guy's day!"

#justunicumthings

XVM camo fo life. Also even when I turn blue if I turn blue overall it will be a meh whatever thing. So nah nothing is wrong with ya. :P

I was pretty happy when i went from green to blue, now i'm reaching purple but i'm not too excited because the amount of people trying to kill you because of xvm is incredibly annoying. People suicide to kill you, worst case that i remember was 2 tier 9 heavies and a tier 8 rushed my comet and died just to kill me. And this has been happening often, tier 10s sacrifice themselves to kill an 8. Its like they think that because you are a good color in xvm suddenly your tank is a very dangerous tier 10 and not an 8. Also arty has been a nightmare. Can't imagine how it is for the purples and dark purples. On the plus side, you generally win more games if the enemy retards focus you and only you in the entire battle. But it ruins the fun.

Pubs only seem to care about win rate mostly on their XVM tbh. They're more about targeting arrogant players with arty than "good" players, they mostly deny all stat metrics but know that "winrate padders" are jackasses that desevre constant artillery bombardment. At least that's the way I see it. You're probably already getting focused by artillery as much as you're going to be with that win rate.

It's always amusing seeing pubbies whine about xvm when in reality it's the better players that'd benefit from XVM not existing. Not just because of artillery but also because of gold shells. I believe ArrogantWorms tried playing a scrub account and said it was exceptionaly rare to be hit by gold shells on that account.

XVM camo fo life. Also even when I turn blue if I turn blue overall it will be a meh whatever thing. So nah nothing is wrong with ya. :P

You've got it made, a purple in disguise as a yellow. With all the games I've played my stats will be blue for a while. I calculated it once, and based on my current stats it would take me about 10K games to get my WN8 into purple, and something like 50K to get my winrate in purple. However, 3 of 4 games are solo for me and I'm sure I could drop that below 10K if I platooned with some 70% players.

I just recently played a heavy amount of tanks, just so that I could finally turn over to blue! End result, getting burnt out of tanks and saying fuck the last couple points. XVM camo is still the best camo with all the clickers these days!

yea, xvm camo would be nice. atm my best bet is to platoon with other purples and hope they get hit, or platoon with people in top5 clans and hope they get hit.

i love my platoonmates so much.

This why when coaching kids sports you focus on getting them to enjoy the process not the goals. The goals get less and less shiny as you rack them up and the mean less and less to you. If you enjoy practice, then you will keep playing.

yea, xvm camo would be nice. atm my best bet is to platoon with other purples and hope they get hit, or platoon with people in top5 clans and hope they get hit.

I've had platoon mates accuse me of that before.  :smug: Personally I prefer to use scrubs as meat shields, since my platoon mates are more useful alive.

I think the reason most blues are blues is due to a lack of consistency. They definitely have the ability to carry games and dish out insane amounts of damage, but they're not able to do it on a consistent basis. This, in my opinion, is what separates the blues from the purples.

But yeah I would have liked to be purple maybe a year or two ago instead of now where everybody and their grandmother are using xvm. From every arty player's POV it's always "oh look a unicum let's ruin this guy's day!"

#justunicumthings

You just described me in a nutshell.  My WN8s for a session look like: 750, 600, 650, 7000, 350, 0, 6000.  When I stay focused I can produce sessions of 3500+ WN8, but more often than not it's one amazing game followed by two complete potato games.  My biggest problem seems to be I can only play towards the end of the day when I'm tired, which leads to some seriously mixed results.  On those rare weekends when my wife and son are out of the house and I have nothing to do but tank, I almost always put up 3k+ sessions.  It's frustrating knowing that I have the capability, it's just a matter of consistent execution.

Pubs only seem to care about win rate mostly on their XVM tbh. They're more about targeting arrogant players with arty than "good" players, they mostly deny all stat metrics but know that "winrate padders" are jackasses that desevre constant artillery bombardment. At least that's the way I see it. You're probably already getting focused by artillery as much as you're going to be with that win rate.

It's always amusing seeing pubbies whine about xvm when in reality it's the better players that'd benefit from XVM not existing. Not just because of artillery but also because of gold shells. I believe ArrogantWorms tried playing a scrub account and said it was exceptionaly rare to be hit by gold shells on that account.

Some people in foxey have told me I'm imagining it and arty doesn't really focus me. I lol'd.

Do I make a great arty magnet?

I had a sad realization.

Remember when this game wasn't work, and when you didn't used to get angry at a bad game?

Say what you will about reds and oranges...  They love what you hate, and hate what you love. 

They play for fun, to goof around with friends, to get the next tank.  They don't care if they had a bad round.

Want to know the difference between us and the tomatoes?

They are having fun.

I had a sad realization.

Remember when this game wasn't work, and when you didn't used to get angry at a bad game?

Say what you will about reds and oranges...  They love what you hate, and hate what you love. 

They play for fun, to goof around with friends, to get the next tank.  They don't care if they had a bad round.

Want to know the difference between us and the tomatoes?

They are having fun.

Who says that we aren't having fun? I wouldn't play this game if I wasn't. Part of us having fun includes winning more, and killing more tanks. Everything in the bolded part above also applies to us. The only difference is that we have less bad rounds, so the ones we have are more memorable. However, I've usually forgotten about them as soon as I click the battle button for the next match.