It's fucking massive. I really, really like massive things.

Thought we could get some discussion on the topic now that I've found a video showing the map off.

mmap.png

<drool>

I heard that they were going to be able to make larger maps with the new engine. But this... I mean... holy shit.

I am SO tired of the three chokepoint system, and maps that some tanks can see all of by driving forward 10M. And I'm still kind of a noobie.

Fuck Ensk with Widepark's member while Severogorsk watches in terror.

Hrm. Just realized I'm raging. Sorry about that. It's been a rough week of tanks and looking at all the (potential) breathing room and maneuvering options and tactical possibilities of this thing just got me all hot.

Fuck Ensk 

Um, I actually like Ensk, a lot. It does funnel classes to certain locations but it has a little bit for every class, except arty. There are plenty of worse maps out there. 

It looks like the SE corner could be potentially worthless and the rest of the fighting will happen in the other 3/4's of the map.

that map is huge, it looks awesome; maybe if WG was ever to actually spend some of their profits rather than pocketing them, they could make some servers for 30 v 30 play and use that map, imagine the massive massacres that you could perform in an E-100.

Wow. I am liking what I am seeing. Looks to be a fair amount bigger than 1000x1000 and with lots of room to maneuver as well. Perhaps we will see 20+ players a team here? The only thing I don't like is that the caps are a bit too close to the center of the map. The northeast cap needs to be a bit further northeast because I don't forsee much fighting happening in that corner, but aside from that, looks good!

What is with the WG design philosophy?  

The T-62A is the best tier 10 medium tank... let's add another T-62A that's even better.  Should we fix the shitty tier 10 mediums?  Fuck it, let's add a third T-62A instead!  

Ruinberg is cool, let's add a new map that is Ruinberg with some particle effects and make everyone play it twice as much!  Fuck it, let's add a third map that looks just like it but let's get rid of that field area where things that aren't TDs and Heavy tanks might be useful.

EDIT:  Watched the movie, holy crap that map looks huge.  It's way more open than the minimap makes it seem.  Looks like it might be a lot of fun.

EDIT2:  Don't speak Russian but heard 'Havok Physics' in there, I wonder if some of those buildings are destructible.

EDIT3:  Is the map called Winter Kharkov on Fire?

That looks like a great map, except for the Northwest corner where it looks like arty could have some fun (fuck arty (I'm having a bad day getting clicked every battle)) but I'm excited for the possibilities.

Um, I actually like Ensk, a lot. It does funnel classes to certain locations but it has a little bit for every class, except arty. There are plenty of worse maps out there. 

+1 and fair enough.

I just developed an irrational hatred for it during 500 games in a T-49. For some reason I just never found a good way to play it from either spawn really. It always seemed like all the action was in town and it's just a handful of TDs in the field having a staring contest until somebody breaks town and tries to cap.

+1 and fair enough.

I just developed an irrational hatred for it during 500 games in a T-49. For some reason I just never found a good way to play it from either spawn really. It always seemed like all the action was in town and it's just a handful of TDs in the field having a staring contest until somebody breaks town and tries to cap.

With a T-49, or any vehicle with good view range with decent camo, you can dissect the map and get easy early shots from people moving from the field to city or vice versa. Both sides have bushes you can sit in , next to hard cover if you need it and let your binocs work.

IS that 1200X1200, the map looks massive.

I was thinking more 1500 x 1500

T95 players are going to have a aneurysm 

and this seems like a high risk/reward for light tanks that will actually require them to switch sides and try to light the whole map for the team, I like it

but will it affect PC performance like ruinberg on fire does (I lose like 10fps on that map lol)?

If that is really as big as it seems, it's just screaming for the increased draw distance. What good are those long roads and lanes if tanks only render half way down?

EDIT2:  Don't speak Russian but heard 'Havok Physics' in there, I wonder if some of those buildings are destructible.

He said "Looking at those buildings it seems the developers are preparing for the introduction of Havok physics"

If that is really as big as it seems, it's just screaming for the increased draw distance. What good are those long roads and lanes if tanks only render half way down?

Scouts will be essential

(Bad) scouts will hate this map since they'll YOLO forward and light up a bunch of tanks that are nothing but dots on the minimap for friendly heavies and TDs.  The scout will be long dead with no spotting damage before the slow tanks get into draw distance.  Luckily it seems like most of the fighting will be diagonal, but the long roads N-S and E-W are going to have a maximum engagement distance of 500m.  If that's only 1/4 the length of the road it'll make for some interesting games.