My guess is this map is "only" 1000x1000m. It wouldn't be the first time that buildings on a map are completely inconsistent with tank sizes.

It looks like the SE corner could be potentially worthless 

50p says they stick an encounter cap in the SE corner just for shits and gigs

I have one problem with big maps,  won't it make heavy tanks obsolete?  They already struggle in the tier 10 meta at least.

Reasonably sure I read somewhere (can't recall where) that its dimensions are indeed the standard "large map" 1 km x 1km. This is good imo, not a fan of the smaller 800x800 type maps. I think it just looks bigger because it's scaled strangely. 

Reasonably sure I read somewhere (can't recall where) that its dimensions are indeed the standard "large map" 1 km x 1km. This is good imo, not a fan of the smaller 800x800 type maps. I think it just looks bigger because it's scaled strangely. 

source: FTR - one of the developers confirmed it's 1000x1000

That sounds weird. It looks bigger than the usual 1x1 km, and feels so driving inside it.

Anyway, me likes. It's a very good map.

I have one problem with big maps,  won't it make heavy tanks obsolete?  They already struggle in the tier 10 meta at least.

The E100 wants you tell it more about how it is irrelevant on a city map.

The reason it feels bigger than the other 1000x1000 maps is because there aren't large swaths of unpassable terrain. You can drive from map edge to map edge on Kharkov vs something like Sacred Valley that had 1/3 of the map being un reachable mountains or Malinovka with the lakes.

That makes sense.

Still, the map is really awesome

Looks like a good combination of hardcover, open/city terrain, and varied geography.  I hope they continue in this vane with future maps.  If they base them on real places, maybe it will limit how "creative" they get with screwing up access pathways.

This map will reward patient scouts... Let things get moving, then go run about.  Nothing more amusing than a scout that runs out as soon as the game starts, then bitches "you fail tards, I light up the whole team and you don't shoot nobody".

Yeah, this map looks like it has tons of potential. Only downside I see to it is as was stated before, chasing down a lonely scout. But if it comes down to that, just cap it out.

Yeah. It's not like the cap can be camosniped.