rocketbrainsurgeon

T110E5: The Middle by Oneechan

It's a decent tank, but it really needs something more. The armor isn't quite good enough, the gun isn't quite good enough, and the mobility isn't quite good enough. If it didn't have such a large tumor, such mediocre DPM, or such a low top speed, it'd be great. Unfortunately it has all of these issues.

If the E5 is the jack of all, and CW is about specialization, why is this tank so prevalent in CW?

It's not prevalent at all.

This was suppose to be my first tier 10. Guess I'll never have a 10 worth having. :P

It's a decent tank, but it really needs something more. The armor isn't quite good enough, the gun isn't quite good enough, and the mobility isn't quite good enough. If it didn't have such a large tumor, such mediocre DPM, or such a low top speed, it'd be great. Unfortunately it has all of these issues.

It's not prevalent at all.

Granted my sample size is small, but it seemed to be used pretty frequently or requested to grind by every CW clam Ive been a part of or considered joining ahead of many other tanks (referring to heavies, only).

Small sample error, perhaps?

It used to be a very popular tank. If you joined these clans a while ago, that would be why. Otherwise there's no special reason to have E5s - Im sure there are a few strats that call for them, but they sure aren't popular.

Its worth it to have an E5. Like I said, it's decent. No worse than an IS-7.

It was prevalent 6 months or so ago, maybe a bit more.  Not so much anymore.

I feel its jack of all trades makes it not so good at anything. I mean, the low top speed, particularly in reverse. The good armour... Until you meet somebody good. The decent gun, dpm based... But without the good dpm part. Accuracy is decent, shell speed is not.

It's nice and comfortable, but i'm seriously regretting going down that line now.

Imho eother a top speed buff (45 forward and 20 backward) or a small RoF buff might do the trick...

I gotta be honest, I think I would rather just go back to my M103 (with the E5 cannon).

I had such found memories of having my Maus' face kicked in when these fuckers were released (dat 268ish AP pen). That was followed by the month or two when they were the backbone of every goddamn CW battle.

Then, by the time I made it up there, things had changed. I like playing my T110, but I don't love it. I loved the M103. Shave .2s off the reload though, and I'd come back to it. Then you could trade more favorably with T10 mediums.

It was popular because it was fast enough to flex, small enough to mass, not crippled by hills, and DPM was "good enough".

On every map there is usually a tank that is better than it..... and there is often one or two slots for , "Hey someone take a heavy.... yeah E5, that will be fine"

E5 still best heavy after E100 and T57, so its certainly not bad (far from)

it looked down upon IS7 the moment it got released and it still shits on IS7 (and IS4) while 113 and maus are also way, way worse)

Its just jack of all trades, some like it, other dont...

E5 still best heavy

...after E100 and T57

So it's not the best

That said, there isn't much competition for good heavies at tier 10 since most of them are mediocre or bad

The biggest deal-breaker with this tank is the tumor and the 8.6 accuracy changes. If they'd either shrink down the tumor or just nerf accuracy across the board to pre-8.6 levels, it would be a good tank. But with all the power creep and with the way even Russian heavies can hit and pen it reliably, I don't see myself playing this tier X too often once I unlock other ones. 

I don't know about you, but I have been here for quite some months now, and the reviews seem pretty brutal. They seems way to strict.... Maybe it is just me.

I try to be fair with my reviews, but they are given from my (a super uni's) perspective, so a tank that might be the best thing since sliced bread to another person might just be average to me

It's nice and comfortable, but i'm seriously regretting going down that line now.

I don't. From the moment you put on that 90mm gun on M6 it becomes the best tank line in the game. I had so much fun with all of them, I didn't feel like it was a "grind" even for a second. I kept T32, and retrained my American SPG crew for M103. If I had more crews I would have kept them all.

I'm (re)considering selling the M48 to get that juicy crew for my T110E5.

I don't know about you, but I have been here for quite some months now, and the reviews seem pretty brutal. They seems way to strict.... Maybe it is just me.

A large part of it is that we are grading on a curve, which the world really doesn't do anymore.  The average game reviewed by IGN is 8.0, school grades now have "A's" as the most common grade given, etc.  So this grading system is probably weird to many (not just you).

If a tank doesn't do anything better than any other tank, there's no logical reason to take it.

In my experience fighting E5s, their frontal armor is quite strong. Their upper plate is nigh impenetrable, and their lower plate is difficult to penetrate without a tier X cannon. Even with a tier X gun, there is still a decent chance to bounce if you hit just under the beak, which further minimizes the actual size of the weak area. As for the tumor, again, you need a tier X gun to even have a hope of penning it, and if you do, there is still a good chance to bounce. Maybe it's because I hardly use gold, but to me, their armor is still very relevant.

It can hull down a bit better (despite the tumor) thanks to the gun depression and better overall turret armor and it has much more staying power due to the thicker armor

However, other than that, I can't really think of anything else

The mobility is clearly worse, the camouflage is lolheavy, the gun is clearly worse

The 150 health difference between the two is negligible, it's only enough to keep you alive after a low roll

Somewhat on topic, is there a reason there's such a dmg difference between the US 120 and USSR 122 at t10? It seems like the tumor and the mediocre dmg output are two of the E5s biggest flaws.

I suspect that the UK heavy replacement will result in the E5 being even more obsolete :/