KenFlorian

Overall WN8:478 - WR:47% - NA Server

edit: 8.12.14 - always looking for toonmates but this thread has turned into my development thread. Best to look away, now.

tl;dr
  • Looking for occassional toonmate to teach me, NA servers, some evenings and weekends.
  • Don't need nor can I make a long-term commitment. One night stands are fine with me.
  • I'd work for Chef Ramsey if I could to improve my cooking skills.

Here's what I have.

KV-1 - slowly picking my way into this
T49 - best crew, most games
Dicker Max - uncrewed because I moved them to E25...can move back
E25 - can swap crew
T-34-85 - a complete mystery to me
Type 64 - egads. WTF was I thinking?
Schmalturm (probably a poor decision) but a ton of games in it (for me)

I've said elsewhere that I intentionally have not "bought up" to higher tiers out of respect for the game and the generally more skilled players up there. This is still my intent even though I know the Type 64 can up-tier me, brutally...makes me cry like a baby.

I've also taken the advice to play basically a single tank in any given session. Doing so is good for me in a lot of ways. If I get dumped early, I'm forced to watch the game and contemplate the errors of my ways. The driving is same for every game...but you guys know all this. While tooning I am content to jump from tank to tank if that's your way.

I've been lucky to share one of the major clan TS servers when tooning with one of them But I've got the compute resources to set up my own TSServer. Maybe now is a good time and I can get this done on Saturday (17th).

Here's what you might want to know.

This is the very first FPS I've played in my life...and I'm not young...and it shows...mercilessly....remorselessly.

My WN8 was slowly but consistently creeping up nearly every session, until I started playing the E25, T-34-85, and Type 64 within a short period of time. Too many. Too soon. I was improving at arty (don't start with me) and the T49.

I routinely make decisions that benefit the team over my own survival or score. No doubt many of these are bad, stupid noobtard decisions but I know that some are exactly the right decisions to which I'm proud to sign my name. I'd rather become good by becoming a good overall team player rather than an alternative approach. I apologize for my poor play but never for my intent to help the team win games.

I've read a thousand of pages of tutorials and map guides, and watch replays. I need to do more of this because it sinks in slowly.

I'm eager to improve but I'll probably never be purple or even blue-grade raw material.

Will try to follow directions.
Will stay out of your way.
Will contribute as best I can.
Will tunnel vision against the voices of my better angels...and you might be have to scream at me to notice the TIger sitting next to me. Bring it.

Help a pubbie improve.

Edited by KenFlorian

You are welcome to jump on our clan teamspeak and see if anyone wants to platoon ken. 

I posted in your other topic about selling your arty, but I will repost here since it is more appropriate.  I am willing to help you out anytime I'm online as long as I'm not already tooned up.  I'd also be willing to go over some of your replays if you want to post them.

Ken,

A friend of mine (Randgris) has an NA account that I can play on, and I can help teach you tons of stuff

However as I play primarily on EU, you'd have to PM me (preferably on wotlabs) when you'd like to play

My friend has over 100 tanks from all tiers, so I can join you in whatever class you'd like to play at the moment

I'd prefer if you have a teamspeak, so I can instruct you better

I am probably not the right person to platoon with to learn a lot as I am still trying to dig myself out of the hole I dug, currently sitting a little under the miniscule 700 WN8, and a little over 1000 recent. After looking at your stats, I can tell you one thing with pure confidence. Stop playing arty. It seems like almost half of your games is in an artillery, which may explain why your stats are not too great. This is a nice time to start improving though, with a little over 3k battles, you will see your scores soar if you start pulling off great matches.

Another advice I can give you is to play less games a day, but make them great matches. 15-20 great games per day with you performing to the max, will help you much more than 70-100 games with you burnt out, tired, or performing mediocre. Figure out what you are doing wrong with your meds and scouts. I am wiling to platoon a little bit from 8PM EST into the night, but again, I only recently started improving a lot, and my stats are not showing it yet.

Mediums and lights are tough to master for some but very rewarding when you do! PM me if you wish to platoon!

KenFlorian, I have mad respect for you. If you need a platoonmate for some tips or just to grind with, no problem. Just shoot me a pm or invite.

If you are having trouble with the T-34-85, look at this:

I plan to study all the replays before I again turn the ignition on it.

tnx.

KenFlorian, I have mad respect for you. If you need a platoonmate for some tips or just to grind with, no problem. Just shoot me a pm or invite.

Count me in...with thanks in advance.

Ken,

A friend of mine (Randgris) has an NA account that I can play on, and I can help teach you tons of stuff

However as I play primarily on EU, you'd have to PM me (preferably on wotlabs) when you'd like to play

My friend has over 100 tanks from all tiers, so I can join you in whatever class you'd like to play at the moment

I'd prefer if you have a teamspeak, so I can instruct you better

What time zone are you in?

I'm CST...and like the ignorant American I am, had to look up, for the one billionth time, that I am GMT - 5:00

Count me in...with thanks in advance.

What time zone are you in?

I'm CST...and like the ignorant American I am, had to look up, for the one billionth time, that I am GMT - 5:00

I'm UTC +1, and online most times most days

I just want to say thank you. You have recognized the problem, found a source which could (and in most cases will) lead to a solution and you are doing it before accidentally failing your way to tier X. That takes way more intelligence and humbleness than 80% of this server has.

Although on the mentor helper side I unfortunately can't because I don't play low tiers (or this game for that matter) very much anymore. Once you hit higher tiers though I'd be happy to help.

I just want to say thank you. You have recognized the problem, found a source which could (and in most cases will) lead to a solution and you are doing it before accidentally failing your way to tier X. That takes way more intelligence and humbleness than 80% of this server has.

I'm grateful for the help. My score proves that I am all the wicked things said about red pubbies....from a skill level. Attitudinally, I could not be farther from the stereotypical noobtard. If my skill level were equal to my "ferocious desire to learn" (my sister's descriptor), then I'd be a high purple. But desire does not match skill without enormous practice.

When I do the hard, honest work to play at 8,9,10 I may well give you call.

I'm looking forward to hitting the battle field with many of you in the next couple of weeks.

Feel free to bail if it is just to painful to watch but don't be surprised if you cannot do so because a tank wreck can be as horribly fascinating as any other.

To paraphrase a quote from Seinfeld, Episode 37:

"He is a loathsome, offensive [player], yet I can't look away".

Stop playing arty.

Funny you should mention this.

I divested myself of all arty on Friday.

M-I-T

He doesn't have the stats for M-I-T.  It is a training clan but, we still have requirements.

He doesn't have the stats for M-I-T.  It is a training clan but, we still have requirements.

Eminently reasonable and a good time to borrow from Groucho: "I wouldn't want to be a member of a clan that would have me as a member".

I'll be ready someday.

If ya see my account in game PM me and I can hop on to my brothers so we can platoon some lower tiers. :D

Ummm fffred from The Minion website itself. So unless I missed the post where it was changed he is fine.

Edit: Forgot about the other post. Prob could have combined them. Sorry :3

M-I-T requirements

Just want to learn or teach other tankers how to get better?  There are no tier requirements or statistical requirements.  You only have to have the desire to get better, be willing to learn and 

pass on what you know. 

Cool_man,

I will look forward to it!

Lol It will be interesting. You can see me potato for 3 games and then do a stupid high Wn8 game then next 2 :3

I don't have the great stats and mentoring skillz but please send me an invite if your looking for a teammate. I usually play after 10:30pm est for an hour or two at most.