awacs

The Keweilian way of getting better doesn't seem to be working so well

So after 2 weeks of exclusive 140, 62A solopubbing, my stats look like utter, utter shit, like I can't even believe. I've not been able to hit 50% win rate any day, though I've just recently managed to stop my Wn8 rating from continuing its cliff-diving. 

Honestly when I used to be fairly competent was around a year ago, as I've basically been afk for a year and many parts of the game, especially the maps are not that familiar to me. However I'd expect that I should've at least gotten a working knowledge of them by now, so I am a bit disheartened that I can now suck so bad. 

So should I continue what I'm doing? Or should I switch to a less punishing tier (tier 8 maybe?) to re-familiarize myself with the game before moving on to tier 10 solopubbing?

I've uploaded all my recent replays here http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/awacs-na-8a21e2dd8631d45e60ef7c172f038645 , so if someone can give me some specific suggestions that'd be awesome.

You should just play the game normally.

Honestly, I think the "kewei way" is bullshit. Torturing yourself in T10 forever won't do shit.

Well personally I think it is not really a bad idea, since solopubbing 1000 games in my E-50 (and another 1000 games in my type 59 since I don't have prem account back then) is how I got blue in the first place. 

However, what do you suggest?

You got blue because the E-50 is both incredible and a WN padder, not because solopubbing it was akin to a rocky training montage.

I have nothing to suggest. Playing normally should come naturally.

When I played E50 there was no tier 10 meds, and I had to work with 220 AP penetration. So I don't think it was much of a stat padder back then. 

I said it was bullshit from the very start.

So your point is that trying to carrying tier 10 pubs it is too much out of my league to be really useful for skill improvement?

I'm not saying Kewei's ways work or should work, but he did say it was a sink or swim method

So obviously I am sinking faster than a fifty-ton anchor. I should stop doing this I guess. 

If you have to relearn the maps again, t10 solo is definitly the wrong way to start. Same goes for t8 +/-2 tanks because you see too many t10 matches, being just cannon fodder there. Get yourself a decent t7 with good base viewrange, mount optics/binos and explore the maps.

You got blue because the E-50 is both incredible and a WN padder, not because solopubbing it was akin to a rocky training montage.

I have nothing to suggest. Playing normally should come naturally.

Solo-pubbing = Playing normally...

T10 is not recommended to get to know the maps though. Do that in tier 5-7.

I said it was bullshit from the very start.

Yep, I said that, too. But all my criticism achieved was a really pissy reaction from RBS.

Stumbling across unknown maps while FVs and Waffles just wait for you to make a tiny mistake is retarded. You don't learn the game at tier X, you get slaughtered if you are not up to speed. Anyone claiming something else is either intentionally misleading people (Kewei needing fresh cannonfodder?) or has forgotten the difficulties he had to overcome when starting in WoT

Kewei's Method makes sense for someone who has acquired a solid knowledge of the game in mid tiers but has grown a bit too comfortable. It's a way for such a person to push his limits again and take the next step. For newbies (or someone coming back from an extended hiatus) on the other hand it's the shortest way to frustration!

If you have to relearn the maps again, t10 solo is definitly the wrong way to start. Same goes for t8 +/-2 tanks because you see too many t10 matches, being just cannon fodder there. Get yourself a decent t7 with good base viewrange, mount optics/binos and explore the maps.

Best advice in this thread. Tier VII is pretty forgiving. T-34-1, T20, Comet or Panther should do the trick.

If you want to wait, tier 6 will be the place to be after the changes in 9.2. Their power relative to 8s is quite something. 7s cant do anything to 9s and 8s only feed 10, but 6s are quite dangerous, especially the heavies. Meanwhile their power relative to 4s and 5s is quite incredible.

If you want to wait, tier 6 will be the place to be after the changes in 9.2. Their power relative to 8s is quite something. 7s cant do anything to 9s and 8s only feed 10, but 6s are quite dangerous, especially the heavies. Meanwhile their power relative to 4s and 5s is quite incredible.

I "grinded" the T-43 around 0.8.8 on my 2nd account solo:

1unbenannt43kqo.jpg

I didnt see that many t9 matches

IDK, it sorta worked for me, I was at ~2800 recent WN8, then I started playing T10 meds solo a lot more(but not exclusively, I get mad after ~10 solo games, hurting my play) and now Im @ 3,2k recent wn8 while I also started playing CW again for the campaign, so that's a clear improvement which I can also just notice in the way I play, I learned to think more during the game, before I never thought a lot, just playing on intuition.

Seems about right actually.

A 10% to 15% drop in WR from the next best set of tanks is expected for a blue/green doing it my way.

http://www.noobmeter.com/recent/na/awacs/1001144422/1001144422_00008098_20140214_163622/1001144422_00008774_20140517_072459

I did recommend playing low tier tanks in between T10 runs in order to keep sanity, cause well, I did say you were gonna lose alot. I also recommended keeping "my way" to one T10 tank, cause you don't want to ruin your T10 stats across the board while getting better. 

-

Main thing is not to look at temporary failure as the end, it's just something to deal with on the road - you also want to reflect on mistakes and not just keep playing through them thinking you'll somehow improve (stole that from KraftLawrence). 

-

One last thing, you might just be on a horrifically bad streak of games or be bad yourself, because I can't see how playing one of the best T10 meds in the game would get you such a low WR over such a long streak of games. 

Moreover, it looks like your success in high tiers is proportional to the amount of armour the tank has. You might want to pick up on the E50M again or some other heavily armoured T10 tank. Because I'm getting the feeling you're trading off shots up close instead of abusing the Object 140's camouflage and view range. 

Honestly, I think the "kewei way" is bullshit. Torturing yourself in T10 forever won't do shit.

The wisdom in the "Kewei Way" is to play just slightly above one's current level of mastery.

Reduced to the absurd, it would have a 12-year old future tennis superstar standing opposite Roger Federer's best serves 12 hours per day so that "she learns how to return a serve". The only things that would come out of that is a very tired Roger Federer and an injured and bored 12-year old who is ready to quit the game.

Playing just above one's current skill level seems difficult to engineer in WoT but not wholly impossible I should think. But I leave that every other player to weigh in on. Obviosly I can't credible comment on that.

Finding the right next tiny increment of "stretch to improve" is the art and science of being a world-class coach.

Pubs in high tiers just have a slightly better idea of how things work and run in higher tier tanks - but they're still stupid, and that's still exploitable. 

The stretch shouldn't be huge, and awacs already played alot of games in tier 8 and 9 to begin with. 

-

This might even be a case of over-exercising. Almost everything you do has an optimal amount of time you can put into it, and you've probably gone way over that optimum. 

Take a breather before plunging yourself back into T10 solopub after a long run.

Failure is the start of the learning process.  What you haven't done is evaluated what you're doing wrong or suggest things to try differently.

I watched a few replays.  Your stats are shit because you're playing like shit.  You make some strange decisions, floating around the map aimlessly and failing to make any use of your tanks' strengths.  Watch a few replays of better players and figure out what they are doing differently.