Sign in to follow this  
Lionsgotswag

French light tanks

Hey guys, i have already watched some vids on the french light line but i would like to know, or have some opinions,on what equipment i should use and also if i should run only gold? Also,if any, tanks should i free xp past?

If you can skip the lorraine. Bring vents, optics and gld until you can swap the vents out with a vStab (BatChat). Depending on the actual tank I bring ~2 clips gold.

I used free xp as much as I could until the ELC. The amx 12t is meh, but I found it to be an effective trainer for the amx 13 75 and the amx 13 90. I played the lorraine 40t stock for several games and rage sold it. I'm planning to just skip it to go to the bat chatillon. 

I don't quite remember the equipment I used, but coated optics would definitely have to be part of the setup. I believe I also used GLD and vents because I favor more of a damage role than that of a pure scout. Obviously, if you load prem ammo, you will have an easier time hitting/penetrating your targets due to APCR. It's just a matter of spending more credits for usually better results (and pubbie tears) or spending less for the regular ammo, so it's really your choice. I personally went with a mixture in the 12t and 13 75 and full gold in the 13 90. 

Beware of the monstrosity know as the AMX 40. That is why I stopped that line.

AMX 40 is not a tank one will enjoy ( except duck fans ) but the grind is short enough really didn't bothered me. I finished it In merely 28 games with premium.

Hey guys, i have already watched some vids on the french light line but i would like to know, or have some opinions,on what equipment i should use and also if i should run only gold? Also,if any, tanks should i free xp past?

Low tiers are all quick enough to get pass, no need to waste free exp IMHO. ELC is a gem, 12t is better than most ppl said about it. I'm at 13 75 right now, It is really the first one you might want to spend free exp. The stock engine is so painfully slow in a tank needs speed to survive. At tier 7 grind pace is indeed started be annoying.

I would wait and start the line with the new scout MM changes they have coming up. Then again, you might be missing out on some juicy Spotting/Actual damage now, which translate to less XP earned. 

As for the line, the ELC is a unique tank. Harder than hell to hit with it's speed and low profile. Your view range and gun handling is rather shit though, so it is a frustrating tank at times. Same with the non-traversable turret, can be annoying. 

The 12t I found extremely annoying, but then again I was pretty awful with scout tanks then as well. Looking back on it, the tank makes for a better passive scout since it's acceleration and turning are GOD AWFUL. Buses accelerate and turn sharper than this thing. You can clean up some weakened tanks, but you better finish the job, since you will not be getting away if you need to reload. 

13 75 I had to spam gold with. That gun is a joke in tier 9/10. Even when shooting a tank in the ass. I went more gold rounds than regular during my time with it. The handling is vastly improved from the 12t though.

13 90, My favorite tank in the game, has it all for a scout. Tanking and scout nirvana. 

I am currently on the Lorraine. It isn't terrible, especially if you have played the French Heavy line (I have, great practice). It's fast and carries and auto loader gun, you can do some things with it. Problem is carrying a match is MIGHTY difficult. Get a few clips into a target and profit. Also, conserve your health, prod weak spots on the map, shoot already engaged enemies etc. Know a path to safety. Basic auto loader stuff. 

Lastly, this whole thing about loading full gold boggles my mind. I guess some people are just bad at positioning, flanking and hitting weakspots. Gold just encourages poor scout play, but I get some people like padding their WN8, so whatever. I usually only bring a 2-3 clips of gold and whip them out end game when I need to take down an E100 or whatever. 

I suffered through the 13 75 with very few gold rounds, mostly because it wasn't worth the money.  I spent so long on that tank, finally ground out the 13 90 when tier 8 tanks were all discounted and there was 5x XP.

AMX 12t was a pretty okay tank, tempered by the sometimes shit matchmaking.  After the changes it's probably better, you can carry pretty hard in tier 7 games same way you can carry hard in tier 8 as the 13 75, or tier 9 as the 13 90.

ELC was my first keeper tank from that line, it's just so much goddamn fun.

Personally, I'd say keep your free xp for eliting the 13 90 the moment you get it.  You don't need the tracks to fit all modules and equipment, so save that for last.  You should have all engines except the final engine (12k xp) researched from the earlier tanks in the line, as well as probably the radio, and the tank is workable without the final engine (though it helps loads).

Equipment: Vents, GLD, optics for the autoloaders (Vstab over GLD on the batchat like everyone else says).

As for running gold:

ELC: I don't tend to shoot gold in this tank unless I've got a chance of carrying and can't afford to bounce, or if I can't easily avoid facepunching a heavy tank.  And even then, depending on what heavy tank it is, regular AP will suffice if you have time to aim.

12t: I shot gold in this very rarely, only carried one clip of it.  Shit ammo capacity

13 75: Gold did nothing to about half of the tier 10's I faced unless it was shot straight in the rear, still carried 2 clips of it for tier 9's

13 90: half and half AP/APCR.  Would be nice to run all gold on it, but I'm trying to make money and don't have a premium account atm, and the 13 90 is too fun to not play

The AMX 40 is a great tank!!! I bought mine yesterday and the first battle was on Mountain Pass.

Result: Ace and ~ 12.300 WN8

Had more good battles with it yesterday. All around 2000 - 3000 WN8