XennoX

Object 268 - ...

First off:

I fucking hate this tank. Why?

1. Coming from the Object 704, the gun arc is a joke.

2. Shell velocity is slow.

3. Hull traverse is slow.

4. RNG man. Fucking RNG. 303 pen means nothing when RNG hits you with less than 240 pen when you need to make that killing shot against that derpy IS-7, or worse 50B!

I don't know, maybe it's just me (probably is) but I can't seem to play this tank right. My average damage sits at anywhere between 2.0k to 2.8k, I haven't checked. It sucks, big time.

My crew is pretty new and I'm sure this is part of the problem, as they're all on first skill at 86%. All have camo, cause I figured a TD needs camo, right?

Equipment comprises rammer/vents/GLD. Ammo I carry 33 AP + 2 HE. I shouldn't need HEAT to be honest as 303 pen should be enough to go through everything frontally unless you hit it at a weird angle.

Any way, I tried playing it as a sniper (lol!) TD. Got fed up, and moved into a medium range support. I typically sit about 200 - 300 metres from my target these days, should probably swop out some of my camo for repairs or just rage dismiss my crew and put my 704 crew in here.

So help? How should I be playing this TD?

--

TL;DR:

rage_face.jpg

Even though the nerf was significant, it's still pretty damn good. Ditch the vents for optics and use rations instead of AFE. The extra viewrange and improvement on traverse and gun handling helps out a lot. 

Definitely keep the camo on crew, since it's pure russian bias on this tank. You can be shooting camoed up behind bushes really close to the front lines. Don't hold back behind lines, keep that gun in play, be aggressive when possible. 

The gun is kinda trollish sometimes, but luckily it works both ways. Sometimes you won't pen a sure shot but you can also get some trolling hits because of the arc. On long distances you can drop the shells behind obstacles. If you're gonna play it, now is the time since the coming nerf on td's after shooting will really hurt this tank.

r.i.p 268 cannot into solopub anymore:

dd7FhNL.jpg

Even though the nerf was significant, it's still pretty damn good. Ditch the vents for optics and use rations instead of AFE. The extra viewrange and improvement on traverse and gun handling helps out a lot. 

Definitely keep the camo on crew, since it's pure russian bias on this tank. You can be shooting camoed up behind bushes really close to the front lines. Don't hold back behind lines, keep that gun in play, be aggressive when possible. 

The gun is kinda trollish sometimes, but luckily it works both ways. Sometimes you won't pen a sure shot but you can also get some trolling hits because of the arc. On long distances you can drop the shells behind obstacles. If you're gonna play it, now is the time since the coming nerf on td's after shooting will really hurt this tank.

Was on the fence about buying the 268 or keeping the crew on the 704. You convinced me to get the 268.

Even after the nerf it is still my best Tier 10 TD damage wise(3.6k dpg). Something about mobility, camo and semi decent armour makes this a great tank for my playstyle, which is pro snipe then charge in and proceed to 750 alpha your way to their cap.

Optics, Rammer and GLD + Rations is how i set it up.

Played 4 games in mine (just got it after the nerf) realized it's not OP and rage sold it

Hurr Durr, Its pretty solid everywhere, with only a few weakness's. It can snipe, it can brawl and it can flex and it still has a ridiculous gold round.

263 is better in every way.

704 is better in most ways.

The strange thing is that the 268 for some reason feels more mobile and agile despite having worse on-paper stats. Not sure if i'm imagining that or not. The 268 does have the advantage that auto aiming pubbies tend to get eaten by your mantlet, while on the 263 they tend to pen, and take our your gun and a crew member.

The strange thing is that the 268 for some reason feels more mobile and agile despite having worse on-paper stats. Not sure if i'm imagining that or not. The 268 does have the advantage that auto aiming pubbies tend to get eaten by your mantlet, while on the 263 they tend to pen, and take our your gun and a crew member.

Still true for the updated auto-aim?

Hurr Durr, Its pretty solid everywhere, with only a few weakness's. It can snipe, it can brawl and it can flex and it still has a ridiculous gold round.

HOW? it lost all gun handling, it's gold round got nerfed down to 390mm of pen, and the object 704 has better camo, also the 268 has shit armor, how do plan to brawl in one?

So a few games later, and I'm still battling with this tank. I getting more tempted each day to just dump it. Though I did have a lol game last night with it. Ammo racked an IS-7 with full hp. Must also add, have started playing my IS-7 more and the ass-to-wall side scraping works surprisingly well.

You just said you had a poor crew in it.

Never stick a crew without at least 2.5 perks in a tier 10. Never. You'll probably find it way more satisfying to play once you have BIA and 6th, safe stowage, clutch braking, any one of deadeye/armourer/snap shot (within your limited traverse, gun bloom DOES still matter!) active. Then add camo and some repair (on second loader) and your experience will suck less.

I dunno. I seem to have a great time in the 268. The 704 was just too slow.  Too inflexible etc. Turns like a bus with arthritis

But the 268 can shift and hammer people hard. And this is after the nerf. 

I sold my 704 to get my 268. I have no regrets, its a great TD.  Can carry more than a 704, if your relying on amour your screwed anyway in either. Might as well be top dog and farm those pubbies for all their worth in the 268.  Biggest difference is the accuracy buff compared to 704. Its just game changing......