Grisbane

T23E3 appreciation, or un-appreciation?

have mine, got it around 3 or 4 pm...  hard to judge it with a potato 75% crew (i currently own 0 murican medium tanks).  so i must ask of those with crews that are actually developing skills..  what do you think?

so far it is slow, turns slow..  and the gun bloom of full screen with what seems to be a 4-5 second aim-time doesn't make me happy..  but like i said..  potato crew.

Gun bloom is pretty good for a T7, but it's not what we've come to expect from American tanks. All in all, it's a little disappointing. The mobility isn't anything special, the armor is trash, and the gun sucks. Nothing we weren't expecting, mind you. "A little disappointing" encompasses all of the reward tanks I've ever gotten.

Like I said in the other thread, it's a carbon copy of the E8 with T7 hp and some acc thrown in for good measure. This would of been perfectly find with a t7-only MM tank, but that's not the case. Luckily the E8 playstyle is pretty fun regardless of how mediocre the tank is, so it is a tank I will be keeping. Plus, being bad-but-not-unbearably-so offers some sort of challenge.

Does it have credit bonus? or its like the normal tonk which helps grind crew.

it has a credit bonus.  i usually run a profit even with the massive SPREM spam i am forced to use to make the gun viable against the flanks of tier 8 stalinanium..  even then more often than not it bounces.... :sad:

It seems to be a good credit farmer, as long as you don't spam sprem. But it's not better than E25, or tier 8 prems, from what I've seen so far.

- Does it see tier 9?

- How does the mobility feel compared to a Comet? The T23E3 seems to have insanely good terrain resistance values (tank-compare.com shows 0.6, 0.7, 1.1) which are even better than the Russian hovercraft technology used on the 430 (and almost as good as 140/62a on hard/medium ground). However, the HP/ton ratio is somewhat lacking, so I'm curious how it feels compared to a Comet

- How does the bloom feel compared to the Comet?

I guess I could wait a few more days to get mine, but since you lads across the pond already have it, I'm curious to hear your thoughts :D

Thanks

- Does it see tier 9?

It gets pref mm so you will never see tier 9s, and they say you will rarely see tier 8

It gets pref mm so you will never see tier 9s, and they say you will rarely see tier 8

and then i had a 10 game t8 match in a row spree....   yeah..  rip

slowly coming to the conclusion, this thing takes everything good about the E25, throws it in the trash, worsens the gun, gives it a turret..  and calls it balanced..   i'm becoming more and more inclined to agree at least the tank comes stock in the right color....

and then i had a 10 game t8 match in a row spree....   yeah..  rip

slowly coming to the conclusion, this thing takes everything good about the E25, throws it in the trash, worsens the gun, gives it a turret..  and calls it balanced..   i'm becoming more and more inclined to agree at least the tank comes stock in the right color....

Why are you comparing it to the E25?  Was it really your expectation that it'd be even remotely comparable? 

I thought the best case scenario (and best comp) was the warcrime.  And that was a stretch.

Why are you comparing it to the E25?  Was it really your expectation that it'd be even remotely comparable? 

I thought the best case scenario (and best comp) was the warcrime.  And that was a stretch.

true..  but the warcrime is still leaps and bounds better than this thing really..  i had compared it to the E25 because of the similar guns..   but the gun is just so bad..  you need sprem to be effective against most things your own tier and if you face off against a heavy..   you are screwed.  flanking is very hard because of the speed, sniping because..  the gun accuracy is bad at best, and you need to be close to have a hope of penning on top of that.   that being said, you are in for a lot of frontal engagements at close range where you are going to die uselessly and there is nothing that can be done about it..  i doubt this will be in my garage for any amount of time unless the crew fixes it. (by fixes i mean helps accuracy and increases the mobility)

true..  but the warcrime is still leaps and bounds better than this thing really..  i had compared it to the E25 because of the similar guns..   but the gun is just so bad..  you need sprem to be effective against most things your own tier and if you face off against a heavy..   you are screwed.  flanking is very hard because of the speed, sniping because..  the gun accuracy is bad at best, and you need to be close to have a hope of penning on top of that.   that being said, you are in for a lot of frontal engagements at close range where you are going to die uselessly and there is nothing that can be done about it..  i doubt this will be in my garage for any amount of time unless the crew fixes it. (by fixes i mean helps accuracy and increases the mobility)

Meh, this confirms my fears. Problem is I already own the E25, so I'll definitely compare the 2 all the time when I'm playing the t23e3.

Hell, at least it's going to prepare my Pershing crew.

Gun bloom is pretty good for a T7, but it's not what we've come to expect from American tanks. All in all, it's a little disappointing. The mobility isn't anything special, the armor is trash, and the gun sucks. Nothing we weren't expecting, mind you. "A little disappointing" encompasses all of the reward tanks I've ever gotten.

Like I said in the other thread, it's a carbon copy of the E8 with T7 hp and some acc thrown in for good measure. This would of been perfectly find with a t7-only MM tank, but that's not the case. Luckily the E8 playstyle is pretty fun regardless of how mediocre the tank is, so it is a tank I will be keeping. Plus, being bad-but-not-unbearably-so offers some sort of challenge.

The E8 is a keeper in my garage because I enjoy the playstyle and I thought the same thing regarding this tank. It is an E8 a tier higher with preferential matchmaking. I might have made a few slight changes here or there but overall the tank is enjoyable in a tier 7 match. 

I want to know if its worst or better then its old self.

from what i understand..  the old one had the 90 mil..  so worse.

I didn't get the T23E3 in the first mini-campaign, but a clan jump allowed me to get this tank easily in the campaign that just ended. Today I did my first test-run since I was working on the medium mission anyway. I must admit that I am pleasently surprised. It performs much better than what I feared from various horror stories people had been throwing around. The mobility is decent, it takes a while to get up to speed but once it is up there it is fairly mobile. Nothing special in that sense. The reverse speed is fun to play with, as I can reverse as fast as some heavies drives forward :P

The gun is the exact same as the E8 and the Type 64. Since I'm used to the Type 64 it is not that big of a problem for me to use the gun. I run a 40/40/4 split of AP/APCR/HE and in most games I use about equal amounts of AP and APCR. The ammo count is another plus, because it allows you to have a 50/50 split of ammo and never run out of either if you only spam one. So for instance in a tier 7 game with lots of paper tanks I will shoot AP mostly (and earn a decent amount of credits), but if I get a tier 8 game I still have enough APCR to spam like a madman (and lost a decent amount of credits). The ROF makes this tank fun to play as you can just machine gun enemies down in no time.

The armour on the hull is non-existent, but the mantlet can bounce a surprising amount of shots. In the games I've played today I've manged to semi-reliably bounce shots from KV1S and some IS tank which is always a great pleasure. High-pen guns like the Tiger's will just go straight through though, so it can't be relied upon in the same way as you can with a T32. Then again, not many tanks can bounce reliably off the mantlet.

A last point that I find funny: It is a FANTASTIC statpadding tank. Out of 12 games I've had 4 ace tanker badges together with 3 times 1st class. Absolutely stupid how easy it is to get a high score with this gun. Bear in mind I'm used to machine guns over high alpha guns, so for me this tank fits like a glove. Also the WN8 padding is real. I ended up with a 5.6k WN8 average over 12 games (even though my teams did their best to prevent me from winning) which is just stupid.

D6ZHHNQ.png

All in all I am quite happy with this tank. I enjoy playing it for pure shits'n'giggles and it is a good crew trainer for my Pershing crew.

Got close to 900 battles in T23E3 and will stop playing it when i get to 1000, little over 1500 average damage with minimal acpr use(minimum average damage that i find acceptable for a tier 7), little over 40k average profit per battle, its a playable tank thanks to special mm and an enjoyable challenge, trying to hit weakspots all the time and constant spam, managed little over 4600 wn8, its a good tank for wn8 farm. i carry 60 ap 19 apcr and 5 he wich i often use to rape paper tanks like borsig or hellcat, for quite a while i carried only 5 apcr to force me into its playstyle, used ventilation up to 500 battles then switched to binoculars making it far more useful in the broad of situations it faces. Lack of armour makes it vulnerable to lower tiers together with lack of greater penetration with apcr makes it unable to deal with situations in which any other tier 7 mediums could excel at, thus winning less battles than other tier 7 mediums. Basically Comet its everything T23E3 is but more and better.

My detailed stats with it: http://www.vbaddict.net/tank/frenzier-eu-3236b4ace818325e73c27b14429c99d3/usa-2/t23e3-46

BTW my recent signature stats are with T23E3 but wotlabs considers it a tier 8...

Had to dig a while for this thread but I think the latest patch warrants a necro.
It's actually fun to drive now, feels like a slightly worse Comet, but the pref mm makes up for that. And without the need to spam apcr it makes quite a good profit.
My really sucky M46 crew appreciates!

Yeah, it's a very good tank for winning games now. It has some troubles with T8 meds - things like the T-54 prot and Type 59 absolutely eat it alive, but against some of the weaker T8 heavies and all of the T5/6/7 tanks, it's good. The high pen makes the 76mm so much more usable.

Thanks for the reminder - I was so busy drooling over my CAX I nearly forgot to play this. Hardly had to fire any APCR, which is a nice change.

I actually like this thing more than the all praised M46.

nearly everytime i take it out for a ride, i get decent results.

but what surprises me is, that the Ace seems to be pretty lowish, 1200 XP is enough. On the orther hand, it took me 64 battles for the first gunmark (atm 1754dmg +477assist) what feels rather ambitious for a Tier7

http://wotreplays.com/site/2696671#ensk-soulsouljah-t23e3

http://wotreplays.com/site/2696157#highway-soulsouljah-t23e3

MOE's will always be hard in reward take, no matter what tank it is. That's mainly because owners of reward tanks are mostly good players, not many potatoes have them.