Rexxie

9.1 Patch Notes/Test Server

I dont think that's a good idea. Removing sixth and giving it to lights intrinsically seems better to me. Having lights require even more investment to be at their best isn't really good imho, they already need camo crews + sixth sense.

How about making lights recloak faster after they leave the enemy effective spotting range?

MT25 seems to be alot closer to the epic drifting roflcopter that was the T-50-2, just driving accross the field on ruinberg zigzagging at high speed :Dhttp://wotreplays.com/site/876108#ruinberg-angrybanana-mt-25

it does?

would be nice, about time we get soemthing to punish td shitters with suicide rushing:XD

That's something I think all tanks should share, 10 secs before cloaking is just ridiculous.

You could differentiate it by class. Not arguing that 10 secs is too high, though. Except for arty. Fuck arty.

• Appearance frequency of Ruinberg on Fire map has been decreased

I'm sending SerB a Christmas card.

• Display of Marks (rings, stars, etc. depending on the nation) on guns added for damage caused.

Been asking for something along these lines for 3 years.

• Five new awards introduced for SPGs: Rock Solid, For Counter-Battery Fire, Gore’s Medal, Cold-Blooded, and Stark’s Medal.

Boo, rewards for clickers.  Returning Christmas card.  

• Version of FMOD sound library updated.
  • Gunfire sounds completely reworked for testing purposes.
  • Sound effect of gun’s resonance when firing added (when firing is observed from the side of the gun).
  • Gunfire sound muting added in Sniper mode (from the turret).
  • Different tonal characteristics added to gunfire sounds, depending on the side from which gun-firing is heard (front or back of the gun, etc.).
  • Sounds of turret traverse and after-firing shell cartridge ejection added in Sniper mode or at maximum zoom of the camera to the turret.
  • For testing purposes, engine and suspension sound patterns for the U.S. M18 Hellcat and M36 Jackson tank destroyers completely reworked.
  • Reach of sound distance increased from 300m to 600m
  • Reworked tracer sounds

So...  maybe they should just hire GnomeFather?

• Maximum number of characters in chat messages in the Garage increased to 512.

Bestchange 9.1

• Upper limit for the range of battles for Tiers IV to VII light tanks reduced.

Thought I had heard that the Chaffee was excluded, but I don't see that change here.  More low tier Chaffee games = lulz.

• Afterfire visibility factor for all tank destroyers (except Premium) aligned (mainly increased) with the factors for the same guns on other types of vehicles.

A step in the right direction.

Also, the test server is up - who's going to check this patch out and let us know how things are?

Wish I could.  No time.

To fix tier 10, they should:

- Adjust HP by class.  Heavies = ~2500 average, mediums = ~2000 average, TDs = ~1750 average.  Intended to make TDs have much more class weaknesses, similar to tier 7/8 gameplay.  Also intended as a buff to assault heavies.

- reduce view range.  Mediums = 400 average, heavy = 390 average, TDs = 380 average.  Some better or worse, depending on the tank.

- only lights and mediums may equip optics (intended to make meds much better at vision games)

- only TDs may equip camo net (intended to make ambush tds like the 268 superior at hiding than meds).  Improve camo net to give +25% camo all the time (not just sitting still)

- Nerf TD alpha again -- 560 average alpha is the rule, HESH reduced to ~1250 max.  DPM increased to compensate.

- Waffle autoloader removed.

- Waffle, Pz4, and roomba 128mm gun removed.

Basically, try to bring gameplay more in line with tier 8 (TDs are more vulnerable 1v1, lower HP, less view range).  Reduce alpha because alpha sucks.  Buff heavies, leave meds basically the same, nerf TDs.  Nerf the waffle and 183.

GARBAD_FOR_DEV_2014

You nearly have my vote.  Curious on what guns  you would put on the RHM, PZ4 and Waffle, though.  I think the JT's 128 would be fine on the waffle, minus the auto-loader.  It's one of the best overall guns in the game, but I feel it would be balanced, considering the Waffle's drawbacks.  What do you do with the JPE?  900 alpha?  

Honestly, I think the game could benefit from a reduction of alpha in general.  Let the bads drive out in the open and trade shots for a minute, instead of seconds.  No more "I shot once, and vastly altered the battle"  

Out of everything, I like this the most....Appearance frequency of Ruinberg on Fire map has been decreased. Apparently I wasn't just imagining getting this map way to often.

I also like this one...Fixed incorrect displaying of tracers (some of them might fly through a vehicle before fix implementation). It means I wasn't crazy when I swore my tracer went right through a tank without hitting it.

plsss no gnomefather sounds

Too late...

Sure, they'll say gnomefather had nothing to do with it, that they just thought about it out of the blue and that gnomefather's mod is horribly optimised or something :smiledown:

How does gnomefather have anything to do with this?

Gnomefathers sounds are incredibly low quality distortion-filled sound clips that are way out of place in a game like World of Tanks. These sound much better.

From garbanned:

> Curious on what guns you would put on the RHM, PZ4 and Waffle, though.

Actually now that I think about it...split roomba into two tanks roomba ghetto (t8) and regular roomba (t9). Ghetto roomba has 75mm stock (fuck u all) and then upgrades to short and long 88 or ghetto 105. This is because campy vision/camo tanks shouldn't have big alpha, and the 88mm works well. Basically its the firepower of a JP but turret+camo/view+more DPM. Upgraded roomba has long 88 stock, upgrade is ferd gun or 150cm. Better camo, bloom, etc. Same deal -- good (but not great) alpha/pen or lolderp. Not cloaky railgun. Tier 10 would be a panzerwaffle with either the 128 as it currently exists or the 15cm. Basically same stats as it has now at tier 10. Remember view range on all would be nerfed (~390 on roomba, 400 on waffle4).

This is quite obviously intended as a nerf to the line, specifically a nerf to alpha cloaky campers. If you cloaky camp, you don't get view range/turret and a railgun. Instead, the cloaky campers get semi crap guns (long 88 in tier 8) or they can derp and take their chances. Autoloading TD = GTFO. But I would predict the line would still be very popular and effective, just not as OP.

> What do you do with the JPE? 900 alpha?
Nothing. Its hull is shitty enough that I'm willing to leave it one of the few ultra high alpha tanks, similar to the KV-2. 183 is similar, but too much idiot mode alpha.

> Let the bads drive out in the open and trade shots for a minute, instead of seconds.

No, minutes is too long. They need to be punished for derping into the open, but not to the point where camping is the optimal strategy. I find tier 7/8/9 is about right in terms of HP/alpha/dpm. Alpha is ~230-320 meds, ~320-390 heavy, and 400-560 td (isu treated as an outlier in exchange for crap other stats). DPM in the 1800-2500 range. IE, TDs hit no more than 2x as hard as meds. Tanks take at least 3-6 shots to finish a typical target, or in a typical 1v1 should last ~45 seconds even without bounces. That still hurts if you derp or get focused by many tanks, yet should allow reasonable offensive play.

GARBAD_FOR_DEV_2014

Roomba, stock gun could be a TD version of the top Tiger 2 gun. Acceptable pen/accuracy/dpm. upgraded guns could be the 128 or 150mm. The stats of the 150mm I feel are fine, but the 128's DPM should be cut to match the 150mm. 

PzIV, not sure what I would do with it

Waffle E100:

Remove 128, or give it a 4 shot 128 instead while keeping DPM

150mm: balanced, IMO

It won't.  The roomba still has great camo before the click, great view range, and a railgun.  Is still will always get first shot and has the alpha to dominate.  Plus, its just a camp vehicle regardless.  Still, its a good change.  Personally I would like to see sniping rof mediums get that bonus (a buff to tanks like the panther) -- sniping TDs already get alpha/pen/dpm, give sniping mediums SOME advantage relative to sniping TDs.

To fix tier 10, they should:

- Adjust HP by class.  Heavies = ~2500 average, mediums = ~2000 average, TDs = ~1750 average.  Intended to make TDs have much more class weaknesses, similar to tier 7/8 gameplay.  Also intended as a buff to assault heavies.

- reduce view range.  Mediums = 400 average, heavy = 390 average, TDs = 380 average.  Some better or worse, depending on the tank.

- only lights and mediums may equip optics (intended to make meds much better at vision games)

- only TDs may equip camo net (intended to make ambush tds like the 268 superior at hiding than meds).  Improve camo net to give +25% camo all the time (not just sitting still)

- Nerf TD alpha again -- 560 average alpha is the rule, HESH reduced to ~1250 max.  DPM increased to compensate.

- Waffle autoloader removed.

- Waffle, Pz4, and roomba 128mm gun removed.

Basically, try to bring gameplay more in line with tier 8 (TDs are more vulnerable 1v1, lower HP, less view range).  Reduce alpha because alpha sucks.  Buff heavies, leave meds basically the same, nerf TDs.  Nerf the waffle and 183.

GARBAD_FOR_DEV_2014

You missed one important point Garbad.....

Nerf ARTY TO THE GROUND.......again....

Those arty Parties have crept back in once more.....I love being one shot in my tier 8's........again.......

How much exactly, are they reducing scout mm ?

removing the top tier of each

i.e before a t6 scout would get t7-10 matches, now it'll get t7-9. Scouts are now matched exactly like a medium/heavy/td one tier higher.

Tbh this makes scouts a pretty decent class. With the MT-25 and 2801 buffs, the only downright bad scout I can think of is the awfulpanther. Everything else should be fine.

Does that mean the B-C 25t line will be less difficult?

Sure, yeah. Largest benefactor will be the Luchs -> Indien line, though.

Tbh this makes scouts a pretty decent class. With the MT-25 and 2801 buffs, the only downright bad scout I can think of is the awfulpanther. Everything else should be fine.

Sure, yeah. Largest benefactor will be the Luchs -> Indien line, though.

Maybe I'll rebuy my VK Leopard then. The gun is like a hose full of bees.

I don't like the new sounds. It's as if they're just extremely toned down. Gnomefather's may be slightly distorted but at least they sound like the real thing. 

The problem with gnomefathers is that it doesnt sound like the real thing, it sounds like recordings of the real thing. I prefer WoT not to sound like the History's WW2 in Color