Servios

Bait & Switch

What you're looking at is a thread that Servios made because he still has hard feelings for never getting on the team and feels the need to bring it up one way or another.

sela is still on the team, that's just the sheriff account.

He's banned from the fact that he let a pubbie sock puppet his real account while he was playing his sheriff account, on stream

That, amongst some other bad apples got everyone's sheriff accounts banned for 2 days

He's banned from the fact that he let a pubbie sock puppet his real account while he was playing his sheriff account, on stream

That, amongst some other bad apples got everyone's sheriff accounts banned for 2 days

Having two selas in a platoon was glorious, all the arty in the world were too busy jizzing their pants to even notice me.

Heh.

The entire reason WG got rid of the old sheriff accounts was because they couldn't trust the community members they had running them to not fuck around.

I guess they didn't realize that the more "trustworthy" pro-gamers are the exact same players that were pulling shenanigans on the old accounts. 8)

Heh.

The entire reason WG got rid of the old sheriff accounts was because they couldn't trust the community members they had running them to not fuck around.

I guess they didn't realize that the more "trustworthy" pro-gamers are the exact same players that were pulling shenanigans on the old accounts. 8)

What's funny is that most of the offenders from the recent WGLNA sheriff account deactivations were veterans of the league. Sela only got black sheep'd only because touched the EULA the wrong way. You should've seen what kind of sperg the shitlord sheriffs were saying.

Haven't seen a sheriff since West coast server came out. Plus side is WGA staff is usually on West :). It's amazing that people on sheriff accounts can't control themselves. It's one thing acting like an idiot in a game you play but when you're on a sheriff account you SHOULD be able to exercise some self control.

Haven't seen a sheriff since West coast server came out. Plus side is WGA staff is usually on West :). It's amazing that people on sheriff accounts can't control themselves. It's one thing acting like an idiot in a game you play but when you're on a sheriff account you SHOULD be able to exercise some self control.

All they have to do..is Nothing.

Say the little thing, and go.  That's it.  How you fuck that up is beyond me.

All they have to do..is Nothing.

Say the little thing, and go.  That's it.  How you fuck that up is beyond me.

Yeah, I've set up a macro to enable chat, spam the message and disable it again. 

Yeah, I've set up a macro to enable chat, spam the message and disable it again. 

You can keep your chat disabled and still spam it full of what ever. No need to macro enable/disable for it.

What's funny is that most of the offenders from the recent WGLNA sheriff account deactivations were veterans of the league. Sela only got black sheep'd only because touched the EULA the wrong way. You should've seen what kind of sperg the shitlord sheriffs were saying.

Yes... "Remove Sherrif Events From The Game." The infamously vaporized thread in NA WoT main forums. Here, I have the link bookmarked: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/191272-remove-sherrif-events-from-the-game/page__fromsearch__1

That's how controversial it was and what I mean by "vaporized." It wasn't merely locked. 

The pubbie complaint was simply that Sheriff's were abusing the system by dint of the fact they were better players, and the psychological reaction this caused by teams opposed to Sheriff's, suicidally rushing by one's, two's, and teams. Either right away, or the moment a Sheriff was spotted. They lamented 3 unicums were basically just farming wins off of pubs. (and there's truth to that -- the thread boiled down to a lot of "it's not our fault you derp" from unicums and a bunch of "but it's just unfair, killing squads!" by all the baddies, stuff of that nature)

There were many accusations of worse behavior from Sheriff's, but staggeringly, vanishingly little to no proof of exactly any of it, and every Sheriff rightfully pointed out: if you DO see something untoward by a Sherrif -- report him and they all agreed, that player should lose their Sheriff account! (depending on the violation, possible repercussions on their main, too)

A small aspect of the consternation from the pubbies was simply those Sheriff's were anonymous, they just had a sheriff #; besides that beef, the misidentification of numbers was a small issue, clouding the subject.

These WGLA ones are much more conspicuous, although some people have a name differing from their main.  (and if you were in a big clan, you might recognize some of those numbers as one of a handful of players in your clan)

It was literally butthurt, that thread. Pure, unvarnished butthurt.

And very little violations or sanctionable behavior by Sheriff's. I think one example of genuine malfeasance was pointed out. (YankeeClipper I think, lol, I miss him)

Nevertheless, it was obviously divisive so they got rid of the Sheriff accounts in that form. And for a great many months, no free gold of this nature was possible. 

I remember this because that was like the forum equivalent of the 4th of July. A spectacular series of explosive butts, all lamenting how they were touched improperly by a purple. 

And that's why people can't have nice things. 

YAnd very little violations or sanctionable behavior by Sheriff's. I think one example of genuine malfeasance was pointed out. (YankeeClipper I think, lol, I miss him)

There were quite a few if I remember correctly, and it happened every Sheriff event, WG just never tells the playerbase at large anything. Yeah, YankeeClipper is probably the most famous one for doing it.

There were quite a few if I remember correctly, and it happened every Sheriff event, WG just never tells the playerbase at large anything. Yeah, YankeeClipper is probably the most famous one for doing it.

Eh, they don't advertise it, so I didn't know. My recount was the discourse of the thread -- there were tons of mostly baseless accusations. 

Mind you this is off of the top of my head, and this was an IIRC, Christmas/holidays stretch in 2012. 

Eh, they don't advertise it, so I didn't know. My recount was the discourse of the thread -- there were tons of mostly baseless accusations. 

Yep, baseless accusations were the norm, plus the whole argument was pointless because it wasn't about good players slaughtering bads, it was jackasses being incredibly stupid, even good players, (WG knows who logs into the account, who was given the account to use, etc) and ruining it for everybody else.

WG never advertises such things, they never will, everything is treated as a secret in that office.

The problem really arises from people using sheriff accounts for their own joy rather than just giving gold to the pubbies. That and the fact that you have access to all crew skills with all the prem shells you can shoot. Is it fair if the sheriff plays run-of-the-mill tanks? Not a big deal considering pubbies should work for their gold. But things like consistently platooning triple Pz2J/MTLS, WTE, 183, ST-I etc etc just to spite the pubbies is too much