BlackstarFallen

Leaving a Clan

I'm having a really hard time if I want to click the "Leave clan" button. I'm too much of a nice person to do it and I'm too scared and shy tell my clan mates that I'm leaving. I PM my commander that I will be leaving the clan, but I didn't got a response back. To those who have more experience than me in being in other clans, what did you do when you left your previous clans?

I have given heads up to the commanders.  I have left unannounced (but they should have seen it coming).  It comes down to respect of the clan, and letting them prepare, or not caring and just leaving.

As I see it, a clan is a lot like a job.  The job can fire you without notice, but they say you have to give 2 weeks.  Well, if you don't give them 2 weeks, you can still quit the damn job.  Just don't think you will get a good recommendation from them (if you care).

I clicked the button, and went back to platooning with my now former clanmates, who teased me for all of... a day. They knew I might be leaving, because I'd discussed my search for a CW focused (rather than social) clan with them.

It's just a tag. Dropping it means you can't do all of two things (clanwars and clan chat channel) with them anymore. Nobody worth worrying about will get mad at you. Your friends are still your friends, and they'll still play internet tanks with you.

Heres my clan leaving experiences

USMC: Um, f* you guys, peace out deuces

1Cav1: Um... Oh hey I have a different TS I can use? (WotLabs TS Server). Tags dropped, bye

Millards Minions: 2 month notice that I was going to move on at the end of semester, still made me a recruiter. Left a message on the forum page 2-3 days before dropping tags, still plat with those guys.

Rel-A: Fluck Relish, gimme dose hax, breh! (Still here!)

I got MAJOR backlash from the commander when I left GSKUL without telling anybody.

When I had bad blood with literally over half of OTTER I told the commander I was leaving and everything was good.

I didn't tell anybody I was leaving CRABS because, well, it was already falling apart.

Really all you need to do is tell the commander you're leaving and everything is good to go.

If you're on good terms, you should send the commander/important DC a PM. If you like the people in the clan there's nothing that is going to stop you from playing/talking with these guys.

If not, you don't really need to.

wen i left foxey i msg'd tefftorbes+adrr, and they were cool about it. left next day i think

wen i left havok i msg'd tofusmurf+callmesarge, and they were cool about it. left next day also.

i'm still friends with with all parties involved.

-Raise concern over strat in training

-Get told to call if don't like the strat with 7 mins to battle

-Get send to die alone against 4-5 defending tanks/TDs as rest of the tanks lose to a scrub clan

-Rage in TS after battle

-Leave

I can almost remember this like it was yesterday

37th imploded, needed no notice. 

Left W-A-R, notice given via pm.

Left PUPEH, notice left in PUPEH embassy.

BULLS will probably just kick me, time will tell. 

I joined Bulls after already having stopped playing wot and for some reason i'm still there despite not touching the game in months. I don't even know the clan TS address.

I can almost remember this like it was yesterday

Tell me someone recorded that.

I joined Bulls after already having stopped playing wot and for some reason i'm still there despite not touching the game in months. I don't even know the clan TS address.

Most of our original roster consisted of burned out SCC/PurpleDawn/Campaign1 people, some of whom haven't touched the game in some time, so you're in good company.

I left RDDT6 with no notice. I regret doing that but I didn't feel like the clan had any organization to it whatsoever and that my scrubby noob self wouldn't be missed. I don't plan on leaving JKL; they're a great bunch and I've no interest in getting "serious" in clam wars.

I left N2DP when they set skill requirements in prep for clam wars. I didn't meet ANY of them and didn't want to be a burden holding them back - even though it was specifically stated that current members would be grandfathered in. I'm sloooooowly improving, but most of the clan is WAY better than I am. I'm not gonna meet the minimums any time soon

So - our commander waited two weeks then sent me an invite with the message. "Come to your senses yet?" So I rejoined.

<Looks at stats, shrugs> Yeah, I know. Beats the hell out of me too.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I just sent the clan's commander and DCs PMs that I will be leaving the clan. If I don't get any replies by the end of the week, I guess I'll just click that button. Or I can just let them know when I see them in game.

I wouldn't worry too much about leaving. You did it to better yourself and you were polite. Best of luck!