rocketbrainsurgeon

What contributes to winning in World of Warplanes

Ehhh.... going to have to disagree with you on that one. The mouse aim mode in Arcade battles for War Thunder feels a lot like an FPS to me. Except its even easier, and there tends to be almost zero skill necessary to shoot somebody down if you're in certain aircraft. For instance, this here is the result of me flying my tier 3 British.

2hy84tl.jpg

I forgot about mouse aim mode. I'm a joystick user, so yeah.. you're right in that aspect.

...The same can't be said about them as far as tanks go. Wargaming is still ahead there for the time being. Its fucking annoying when almost every time you take a hit in WT:GF, your ammo rack blows.

That can be related to the WT planes gameplay though.

Same thing happens, your pilot gets hit, you die.

Your clan wasn't looking for a challenge: they just wanted to be dicks, too.  The difference here is that they did it for thousands of battles, and I'm asking for 10.  But none of you will take me up on it because you all know it's suicide: it's not even possible to win.

You take all of the new members and lump them up as being the same as the old 'few' that you're angry with.

It sounds to me like you're really wanting this challenge to be directed at specific people you're hating, no?

As for "none of you will take me up on it"  that is also a lie, because I said I would take you up on a 1 vs. 1. But what you're really pointing out is that you want to act like a coward.

You bring your Mustang, any loadout you want, I'll bring whatever tier 5 aircraft I want, whichever loadout I want.... if you're man enough to attack, cool... if you're just gonna waste time, I can certainly make it an interesting time... I can even live stream your embarassment as I have fun... why? Because I have fun, win or lose, full 15 minute match or short and sweet....

I'll even further handicap myself each round by turning my heads up display off. If all you're wanting is to let loose some e-rage...  I'll be more than happy to do that for you. Why? Because it's a fucking video game, pure and simple.

In fact, I'm the one who is well known for taking my F3F into tier 6-10 battles, for FUN... because at the end of the day, if I'm not having fun... I'm wasting my time.

You see, RBS.. I'm the original troll flighter... no one else has taken P-12's and Type 91s and F3Fs into tier 6-10 battles, just to have fun...  and actually fight those higher tier players... I have....

At the end of the day, if you're not having fun, there's no reason to  be here.

The mouse aim mode in Arcade battles for War Thunder feels a lot like an FPS to me. Except its even easier, and there tends to be almost zero skill necessary to shoot somebody down if you're in certain aircraft. For instance, this here is the result of me flying my tier 3 British.

I have to agree with this.

WoWP is 10x better balanced than WT will EVER be... simply because balance is more important to wargaming than historical accuracy.

The tanks side won't be any different than the planes side. It will be horribly balanced. It is ALREADY horrible, the russian tanks are so much stronger.

in the end, War Thunder has no real end-game because you can't take top-tier competitive playing into something so unbalanced, while in WoWP and WoT, you can.

That can be related to the WT planes gameplay though.

Same thing happens, your pilot gets hit, you die.

This is true, but unlike in tanks, it can be countered or mitigated. Train your pilot's vitality stat up to 100, or even 50, and it rarely ever happens. Can't do anything like that for ammo racks though... and the tanks in WT seem to get ammo racked no matter where you get hit at.

Keep sticking up for your cheating clan though.  Seems good.

You keep using that word, I don't think you know what it means.

This is true, but unlike in tanks, it can be countered or mitigated. Train your pilot's vitality stat up to 100, or even 50, and it rarely ever happens. Can't do anything like that for ammo racks though... and the tanks in WT seem to get ammo racked no matter where you get hit at.

Still your plane can get globalled by knocking a wing/engine off. You can't train your crew to avoid that.

I can't tell you how many times I am 1km away from a target and his auto-gunner knocks my engine out. I'm like, wtf!

Or I'm just cruising around at high altitude and some AA artillery randomly knocks my wing off... that's always fun.

Bandet: start a poll-only thread to test for me.

Poll: You can bring a tier 8 platoon into a tier 7 game and win 95%+ of your games.  Do you respect the people that do this?  Yes/no.

See what kind of response you get.

Please do this.

EDIT: Also, why don't you take me up on my challenge?  Are you afraid?

Bandet: start a poll-only thread to test for me.

Poll: You can bring a tier 8 platoon into a tier 7 game and win 95%+ of your games.  Do you respect the people that do this?  Yes/no.

See what kind of response you get.

Please do this.

Rocketbrainsurgeon:

stop using the word cheating for people doing things that aren't against any rules, because that isn't cheating.

Please do this.

Just because you disapprove of something doesn't make it illegal.

I didn't get to choose my tier 7 battles populated with a tier 8 flight on the opposite side, my opponent doesn't get to dictate the terms either.  Seems more than fair.

Keep sticking up for your cheating clan though.  Seems good.

You show me where I'm sticking up for 'cheating'.... and where it's done only by my clan. You seem to forget all the opening week OBT and live games that another , now nearly extinct, clan with 80%+ win raters DID THE SAME THINGS for which you call the Dracs cheaters for.

You keep using that word, I don't think you know what it means.

Oh, I think he does. He's using the very broad definition that wikipedia gives.

Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. This broad definition will necessarily include acts of bribery, cronyism, sleaze, nepotism and any situation where individuals are given preference using inappropriate criteria.[1] The rules infringed may be explicit, or they may be from an unwritten code of conduct based on morality, ethics or custom, making the identification of cheating a subjective process. Cheating can refer specifically to marital infidelity. Someone who is known for cheating is referred to as a cheat in British English, and a cheater in American English. A "cheat" does not have to cheat all the time, but once faced with a challenge that they do actually want to win, they will go back to their cheating strategies.[2]

You show me where I'm sticking up for 'cheating'.... and where it's done only by my clan. You seem to forget all the opening week OBT and live games that another , now nearly extinct, clan with 80%+ win raters DID THE SAME THINGS for which you call the Dracs cheaters for.

Oh, I think he does. He's using the very broad definition that wikipedia gives.

Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. This broad definition will necessarily include acts of bribery, cronyism, sleaze, nepotism and any situation where individuals are given preference using inappropriate criteria.[1] The rules infringed may be explicit, or they may be from an unwritten code of conduct based on morality, ethics or custom, making the identification of cheating a subjective process. Cheating can refer specifically to marital infidelity. Someone who is known for cheating is referred to as a cheat in British English, and a cheater in American English. A "cheat" does not have to cheat all the time, but once faced with a challenge that they do actually want to win, they will go back to their cheating strategies.[2]

k.

pls tell me what rules we broke

oh right, we didn't.

Good day, sir.

It seems you're online now, RBS. I have time in between datacenter maintenance windows... sans support cases... but I can get in a few matches. Bring your mustang, chill, and have fun...

But I  don't think it will appease you, because I am NOT who you're mad at. In fact, you've flighted up with me a few times before. But still, if it helps you get your rage out... I will partake. But since you're resorting to essentially your very own broad spectrum definition of cheating... aren't you just basically saying that you are a defeatist? That you've decided you can't beat them so you will join them?

Bandet, No need to cap quote me... that's just wasting page space. We can all accept the fact that he's using the broadest, loosest term, because he cannot nor ever will find any true proof of actual set rules being broken.

Exactly why I told him to stop using the word.

What we did was something available to everyone who plays the game. If it is available to everyone; it is fair. That is ACTUALLY a definition of a word, without stretching ends to make it fit the context I want it to.

They want to blame us for taking advantage of all resources provided to us.

We blame them for NOT taking advantage of it.

Here is my response to complaining about people fighting up:

Bandet, there's no need to capslock quote me lol... We both know that RBS is using the broadest, loosest definition to support  a claim, because he can't prove you're cheating any actual set rules.... so he is basically proclaiming unspoken code of conduct rules.

I didn't caps lock, I just changed the font size brah.

oh yeah, I FORGOT THIS IS CAPS.... mai bad brother!

I still think he wants the 1vs1 to be with you, not me. And... I think he wants it to be a you vs. a coward hiding.

oh yeah, I FORGOT THIS IS CAPS.... mai bad brother!

I still think he wants the 1vs1 to be with you, not me. And... I think he wants it to be a you vs. a coward hiding.

Nah, he started wanting to do that flight club thing before I touched this thread.

Also, why does he want to do a blatantly unfair 1v1 when he is complaining about us doing something unfair? Isn't that kind of hypocritical..?

In fact it would be even MORE unfair than anything we did, as the rules wouldn't allow us to even be in a tier 6 plane versus his tier 6 plane, while the rules of the game DO allow other people to flight up against us.

Anyways, I was in the king of the hill tournament; he wasn't.

If he wanted to 1v1 me he should have done it then.

Still your plane can get globalled by knocking a wing/engine off. You can't train your crew to avoid that.

I can't tell you how many times I am 1km away from a target and his auto-gunner knocks my engine out. I'm like, wtf!

Or I'm just cruising around at high altitude and some AA artillery randomly knocks my wing off... that's always fun.

True, which is why you just have to avoid getting hit. Which is easy enough to do with some situational awareness if you're flying against fighters. Of course, if you're against any sort of B-17 or better... either attack them head on, or from directly above, or you're fucked. Heavy bombers are broken as hell right now, only reliable way to really deal with them is with either 30mm gunpod equipped German aircraft, or one of those ridiculous Russian derp guns.

True, which is why you just have to avoid getting hit. Which is easy enough to do with some situational awareness if you're flying against fighters. Of course, if you're against any sort of B-17 or better... either attack them head on, or from directly above, or you're fucked. Heavy bombers are broken as hell right now, only reliable way to really deal with them is with either 30mm gunpod equipped German aircraft, or one of those ridiculous Russian derp guns.

Well, couldn't that be said the same for tanks? "Just don't get hit".

zxFzy.jpg

Go fuck yourselves. All 3 of you.

Aww... Haswell... I didn't know you were so infatuated with 3 people.

But.. I like to hear "Your gunner is dead... kick his ass out and get a new one"

Only in simulator mode, sadly. Every other mode shows exactly where you are at all times, if your crew can see a target, then you can see their name and location. If you're in arcade mode, you even get a shell drop indicator to tell you exactly where to aim.

Simulator mode though... there are no names showing up or any sort of indicators like that. But due to the ridiculous ability for people to be able to turn off much of the foliage in graphics settings... concealment can be mitigated there too.

Simulator mode though... there are no names showing up or any sort of indicators like that. But due to the ridiculous ability for people to be able to turn off much of the foliage in graphics settings... concealment can be mitigated there too.

Actually, you can do that in planes, to an extent. You can turn the cloud settings really low, and then you can see through them since they will only render when they are far away. (This would be incredibly good in WT full-real)

That is one aspect where the server-side visibility detection on wargaming's end is far superior.

zxFzy.jpg

Go fuck yourselves. All 3 of you.

Good to know this feature actually works. I came to Wotlabs to get away from this BS. I'm tired of reading this useless BS which resembles a married couple who constantly bitch. If y'all really have to argue over such petty BS then take it away from Wotlabs.