Gryphon_

WN8 Expected Values Update

Nice job Kitten. I agree with what has been said to so far.  

For those new to these plots, the expected values need adjustment if the red line doesn't go through (1.0,1.0). If the line passes above that point, the expected value is too low - and there are some very good example of that in the above post!

7 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Nice job Kitten. I agree with what has been said to so far.  

For those new to these plots, the expected values need adjustment if the red line doesn't go through (1.0,1.0). If the line passes above that point, the expected value is too low - and there are some very good example of that in the above post!

It really is interesting how much effort was put in the whole WN metric and thanks for explaining that graph that Kitten posted. Well done my friends. :P

So can we assume that WN8 will be the main metric for a longer time or will WN9 replace it anytime soon? Sorry, I haven't really heard much about WN9 past few weeks.

8 hours ago, Kitten said:

Some food for thought for Rexxie :)

I have no idea what those graphs mean, sorry :(

I have no idea how to read, either.

5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I have no idea what those graphs mean, sorry

I have no idea how to read, either.

No worries, still cute.

I cant see any problems with it; the biggest changes are to the new JP heavies, which should not come as a surprise to anyone who actually plays

Ok, someone mailed me to point out that the CDC & AMX 13 57 values were switched in my version of the sheet with tank names. This was caused by the lack of a data entry for the 59 Patton (ID 63793).

The name sheet's fixed but we do need values for the 59 Patton.

Edit: Skoda T40 should also be in there as it's actually on sale, although there's not going to be enough data yet. Orrie picked VK3001P as the match, which might be a bit harsh. Depends how bad the T40 is.

2 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Ok, someone mailed me to point out that the CDC & AMX 13 57 values were switched in my version of the sheet with tank names. This was caused by the lack of a data entry for the 59 Patton (ID 63793).

The name sheet's fixed but we do need values for the 59 Patton.

Edit: Skoda T40 should also be in there as it's actually on sale, although there's not going to be enough data yet. Orrie picked VK3001P as the match, which might be a bit harsh. Depends how bad the T40 is.

Skoda is still not in the API iirc.

59 Patton... I honestly don't know, a mixture of Type and Pershing values? Or give it the values of the worst T8 (mathematically) since it's a pretty bad tank.

The Skoda T40 is on the EU encyclopedia but none of the others. Standard WG.

The classic method grossly underrates the Type 59 for some reason (post 8.6 accounts come out much higher), so if the 59 Patton is that bad then it should be a good fit.

Well, the API's aren't unified, they update them per when tanks are available on their respective server.
Just don't tie the vehicles to one specific API, and either use them all, or better yet just add every vehicle that are featured in the client files.

We have the information, so why restrict it to whenever WG does something?

Oh, someone pointed out the French M4 is apparently a thing now... I was thinking an average of 13 90 and Lorraine values, someone mentioned T44 or T-34-2 values. Thoughts?

Edited by Kitten
wow, t8 apparently

Ay, its available on the Russian server. Not sure if its still sold there, but it was previously at least.

Hard to compare it to anything, since it plays more like a TD, than a medium.
Charioteer is the only T8, with the same alpha, but it performs better as an TD, so that wouldn't really make sense.

I'd say CDC, just because they share the redline playstyle, or just average the CDC and Charioteer, since its kinda them merged together.
It doesn't have an autoloader, so 13 90/Lorraine doesn't really make sense.

I'll post the new tankid's later today, which should only be the Czech tanks. (No new prems where added, right?)

Here we go;

Patch 0.9.13:
Name                     ID     Tier  Type    Nation   Status
Kolohousenka             113    1     light   czech    new
LT vz. 35                369    2     light   czech    new
LT vz. 38                625    3     light   czech    new
ST vz. 39                881    4     medium  czech    new
Skoda T 24               1137   5     medium  czech    new
Skoda T 25               1393   6     medium  czech    new
T-34/100                 1649   7     medium  czech    new
TVP VTU Koncept          1905   8     medium  czech    new
Skoda T 50               2161   9     medium  czech    new
TVP T 50/51              2417   10    medium  czech    new

Missing Tanks:
T18                      18465  3     spg     usa      normal
T82                      18721  4     spg     usa      normal
Skoda T 40               51569  6     medium  czech    prem
Sherman M4A1 Revalorisé  63041  8     medium  france   prem
59 Patton                63793  8     medium  china    prem
T22SR A22                61697  10    medium  ussr     prem reward
IS3 Auto                 60417  8     heavy   ussr     prem gift

Supertest:
T-28E F-30               61441  4     medium  ussr
Т-44-100                 61953  8     medium  ussr
Object 244               60161  6     heavy   ussr
Object 777               61185  10    heavy   ussr
KV-4 KTTS                62209  8     td      ussr
43 М. Toldi III          63505  3     light   germany
Turán III prototípus     63249  5     medium  germany
Panzer 58                63761  8     medium  germany
VK 45.03                 62993  7     heavy   germany
VK 100.01 (P) / Typ 205  62737  8     heavy   germany
Steyr WT                 61713  7     td      germany
Rhm Skorpion             62481  8     td      germany
M48A2                    56865  10    medium  usa
Sentinel AC I            52817  6     medium  uk       new
FV4202 (105)             55633  8     medium  uk
Chieftain/T95            15441  8     medium  uk
Chieftain Mk. 6          15185  10    heavy   uk
AMX M4 mle. 49           62785  8     heavy   france

Might as well add all these guys into v24 then. Czech tanks should get... I'm not sure, ideas? First thought that crossed my head was German tank values but most of these guys are auto loaders so perhaps French expecteds for the high tiers. Dunno about the super test tanks, we can probably wait for release on those. 

Supertest shait isn't important imo, I just added them to the list, so that we have the potential tanks sorted out.
There should be announcements when they're available.

I haven't really taken a look on those Czech ones, but I'm with you on the mix and match with Germs and Frenchies.

On 03/11/2015, 14:27:53, Kitten said:

Oh, someone pointed out the French M4 is apparently a thing now... I was thinking an average of 13 90 and Lorraine values, someone mentioned T44 or T-34-2 values. Thoughts?

I do have RU interval results for that thing. Amusingly, the closest matches on winrate, damage and spots are the SU-101 and AC48. Paper meds like the CDC and STA-1 get far too many spots, while the better TDs do a lot more damage.

Does anyone know what's up with these "_bot" tanks that were added to the API? They're duplicates of mostly tier 1-2 tanks. For example:

id	country	name	class	premium	level	url	tank_id
2583	usa	T1 Cunningham	Light Tanks	0	1	/encyclopedia/vehicles/usa/t1_cunningham/	545
2725	usa	T1 Cunningham	Light Tanks	0	1	/encyclopedia/vehicles/usa/t1_cunningham_bot/	40993

So about that prem T28 WG sold for a few days -- what do you guys think? Some say it's OP, others claim it is mediocre, the gun does seem quite good for a tier 4. Placeholder stats?

So about that prem T28 WG sold for a few days -- what do you guys think? Some say it's OP, others claim it is mediocre, the gun does seem quite good for a tier 4. Placeholder stats?

The standard T-28 is one of the most underrated tanks in the game by the classic WN8 method. I suspect the F30 isn't much better, but to get anywhere near eventual automated values you'd want to add ~20% to T-28 damage.