Tank_Rage_Teddy

T62A with 4 skills

Question

I have looked around for what skills to train on the t62a. I have seen posts for the 54 and i have seen some stuff for the 62. Most of the information out there does not go past second or third skill. i have 4 perks done on my T62A crew and am looking to improve my game as well as make the most out of what i have and would like the advice from those who know what they are talking about.

my crew set is as follows

Commander- 6th/mentor/bia/camo

Gunner- deadeye/snashot/bia/camo

Driver- Smoth ride/Preventivie mat./bia/camo

Loader- Safe stowage/ Situational awa./bia/camo

Alot of what i have read sugests that i have repair on medium tanks. with that said i am left woundering which skills should be changed to accomdate repair, and should there be other ones switched out for something else?

Your skill increases are so slow at this point, that I don't think Mentor really gives you anything.  Personally, I'd swap that for recon.  Always good to have view range.  Repair is likely good at this point, since you seem to have the other important skills covered.  I'm bad@62a, though.

I have looked around for what skills to train on the t62a. I have seen posts for the 54 and i have seen some stuff for the 62. Most of the information out there does not go past second or third skill. i have 4 perks done on my T62A crew and am looking to improve my game as well as make the most out of what i have and would like the advice from those who know what they are talking about.

my crew set is as follows

Commander- 6th/mentor/bia/camo

Gunner- deadeye/snashot/bia/camo

Driver- Smoth ride/Preventivie mat./bia/camo

Loader- Safe stowage/ Situational awa./bia/camo

Alot of what i have read sugests that i have repair on medium tanks. with that said i am left woundering which skills should be changed to accomdate repair, and should there be other ones switched out for something else?

cqba.jpg

/thread

Garbad, do you favor running preventative mainteneance on your russian meds over Jack of all trades and, as such, swapping fire ext for food instead of medkit for food?

Garbad, do you favor running preventative mainteneance on your russian meds over Jack of all trades and, as such, swapping fire ext for food instead of medkit for food?

Preventative doesn't help with soviet meds since they have frontal fuel tanks that catch fire; preventative only helps with engine fires, which don't happen very often.

Preventative doesn't help with soviet meds since they have frontal fuel tanks that catch fire; preventative only helps with engine fires, which don't happen very often.

I pose my question in regards to his screenshot that was posted, in this setup he runs preventative without fire ext. :)

I pose my question in regards to his screenshot that was posted, in this setup he runs preventative without fire ext. :)

It still helps with clicker HE splash or unexpected side shots, so that's probably why he keeps it around. 

Loader can get Sit. Aware on the 62?

Just saw this and this works only if you xfer loader from the 54/44.    I know this because I did a re-spec on my 140 crew and lost SA unintentionally.  You can get it from the T-44 or T54 where the loader is the RO.  Commander is RO on the 140.  

When I move my 54 crew to the 62a in 220k or so I won't make the same mistake.

Just saw this and this works only if you xfer loader from the 54/44.    I know this because I did a re-spec on my 140 crew and lost SA unintentionally.  You can get it from the T-44 or T54 where the loader is the RO.  Commander is RO on the 140.  

When I move my 54 crew to the 62a in 220k or so I won't make the same mistake.

This isn't quite correct. If you have a loader with SA in the 140, the skill is NOT ACTIVE. If you look at the crew member the skill will be dull, just like a perk that hasn't reached 100%. It's a wasted skill slot.

You can train RO skill on any crew member who is filling the RO role. For the RU tier 10 meds this is the commander - if you go to the skills page you will see a section for the Radio Operator skills. However, if the crew member has the skill and is in a tank where he DOESN'T fill that role, the skill is not active.

You didn't lose anything when you did the respec, you gained a skill that is actually functional.

Hi.

What I run on my Obj 140 is

Commander: BIA / 6th / Camo

Gunner: BIA / Snap Shot / Camo

Driver: BIA / Offroaddriving / Camo

Loader: BIA / Save Storage / Camo

Of course I'm not as experienced as other players on this forum, but to me it works very well. I think for 4th I might run repair on gunner and loader. For commander jack of all trades or view range. Driver probably Clutchbrakeing.

What do you guys think about this setup?

Best regards.

Commander: BIA / 6th / Camo

Gunner: BIA / Snap Shot / Camo

Driver: BIA / Offroaddriving / Camo

Loader: BIA / Save Storage / Camo

Of course I'm not as experienced as other players on this forum, but to me it works very well. I think for 4th I might run repair on gunner and loader. For commander jack of all trades or view range. Driver probably Clutchbrakeing.

What do you guys think about this setup?

The T-62A has top-level dispersion values and best-in-class ground resistance - Snap Shot and Offroad Driving aren't doing anything for you. I would swap those out for Designated Target and Preventative Maintenance. As noted above PM is good for artillery shells and side/rear shots, which is more benefit than any other Driver skill available. Otherwise your setup looks good.

A note for anyone just starting their crew reading this, I assume he started with Camo as his first skill and reset to Perks along the way. That's the right way to do it.

The T-62A has top-level dispersion values and best-in-class ground resistance - Snap Shot and Offroad Driving aren't doing anything for you. I would swap those out for Designated Target and Preventative Maintenance. As noted above PM is good for artillery shells and side/rear shots, which is more benefit than any other Driver skill available. Otherwise your setup looks good.

A note for anyone just starting their crew reading this, I assume he started with Camo as his first skill and reset to Perks along the way. That's the right way to do it.

Prevented maintenance is pretty much useless on Russian tanks since it only prevents fires that are caused by engine hits (works well on E100). In Russian tanks it's your fuel tanks that lit you on fire most of the time.

I'm pretty sure ''prevented maintenance'' doesn't increase fuel tank hp.

Prevented maintenance is pretty much useless on Russian tanks since it only prevents fires that are caused by engine hits (works well on E100). In Russian tanks it's your fuel tanks that lit you on fire most of the time.

I'm pretty sure ''prevented maintenance'' doesn't increase fuel tank hp.

This is correct, but like I said, every other Driver skills are more useless. It's an endurance skill that barely makes a difference - reducing engine fire chance by 25% of base fire chance when the T-62A only has a 10% fire chance to begin with. But it might save a bit of HP every so often.

This is correct, but like I said, every other Driver skills are more useless. It's an endurance skill that barely makes a difference - reducing engine fire chance by 25% of base fire chance when the T-62A only has a 10% fire chance to begin with. But it might save a bit of HP every so often.

I still think it's not very useful but I see you want those perks in use and then take skills later on when it takes ages to get to 100%.

Also I have never used Designated target even though it seems pretty good. Might give it a try actually. 

E: Just retrained Designated target to punch of crews, seems very useful especially on mediums.

Designated Target is particularly good on Russian mediums, where two seconds can often be the difference between getting off another shot or not. And yep, very little use in any of the perks, but through the third crew skill it doesn't take that long to retrain Camo. I wouldn't reset Camo to the fourth skill for more perks though, it will simply take too long to regain the skill level.

Designated Target is particularly good on Russian mediums, where two seconds can often be the difference between getting off another shot or not. And yep, very little use in any of the perks, but through the third crew skill it doesn't take that long to retrain Camo. I wouldn't reset Camo to the fourth skill for more perks though, it will simply take too long to regain the skill level.

Yes camo is the most important skill on Russian mediums, I also have 3 repairs on T-62A even though I know I over value them.

I just wanna have repairs on every tank, getting perma tracked or killed because slow track repair time is my worst nightmare...

I'm often surprised that lots of great players don't ever take repairs even on like 4th or 5th slot.

Welp, I took a look at my garage and realized I was wrong, I set it up differently because Camo is too great to give up on these tanks. You're right Poltto.

I left Sixth/Camo on the first skill, trained Camo/Repair on second skill then reset Repair to Perks at 100%, trained Repair on all for third and then reset to BIA, then trained all to Repair again. That's what I've suggested in other threads and don't know why I said to retrain Camo today.

Welp, I took a look at my garage and realized I was wrong, I set it up differently because Camo is too great to give up on these tanks. You're right Poltto.

I left Sixth/Camo on the first skill, trained Camo/Repair on second skill then reset Repair to Perks at 100%, trained Repair on all for third and then reset to BIA, then trained all to Repair again. That's what I've suggested in other threads and don't know why I said to retrain Camo today.

Well that sounds like something I would also do  :)  

My T-62A crew looks like this if someone is interested:

BiA / 6th sense / camo / situation awareness

BiA / designated target / camo / repair

BiA / repair / camo / smooth ride

BiA / safe storage / camo / repair

4th skill is at 66%

This isn't quite correct. If you have a loader with SA in the 140, the skill is NOT ACTIVE. If you look at the crew member the skill will be dull, just like a perk that hasn't reached 100%. It's a wasted skill slot.

You can train RO skill on any crew member who is filling the RO role. For the RU tier 10 meds this is the commander - if you go to the skills page you will see a section for the Radio Operator skills. However, if the crew member has the skill and is in a tank where he DOESN'T fill that role, the skill is not active.

You didn't lose anything when you did the respec, you gained a skill that is actually functional.

No shit.  Thanks.  I never knew that and obviously missed it on my 140 crew.  Ran like ~100 games with a useless skill.  Lovely.  :)

My T-62A crew looks like this if someone is interested:

BiA / 6th sense / camo / situation awareness

BiA / designated target / camo / repair

BiA / repair / camo / smooth ride

BiA / safe storage / camo / repair

4th skill is at 66%

Interesting that you prioritized gunnery skills, would you feel that they actually have a noticeable effect on the 62A? 

My biggest qualm with driver's skills is that they all provide small boosts to something the 62A is already extremely good at- Russki MagicTrax have incredible ground resistance, the tank spins like Bruce Lee, and the gun is already a laser. 

I went with:

C: Sixth Sense/BiA/Camo/Repairs

G: Camo/BiA/Designated Target/Repairs

D: Camo/BiA/Repairs/Clutch Braking

L: Safe Stowage/BiA/Camo/Repairs

All driver skills are pretty pointless on T-62A, ground resistance is awesome, turning is great and gun is great as well (like you said)...

So it comes down to personal preference. You can pretty much flip a coin when you pick the driver skills/perks.