Ulick Megee

I'm getting slaughtered out there some advice please.

This game can be so fucking annoying! So early last week I hit 52.28% WR a new record for me,I was delighted,progress after a long period of stagnation,ohh the joy,so happy with myself etc etc... Just so you know 0.01%= 1.5 battles roughly for me atm. After that glorious day and a half I couldn't win a fucking fight against Steve Wonder driving a tank that shoots cotton wool balls!

For the last 2 weeks I've been one of the best players(stats wise) on 75% of the team's I'm on. So that will tell you the caliber of player I'm with. 60% of players I'm with are red players which equals no hope!

Since then my stats have dropped like a stone. My WR is now 52.16% and my WN8 has dropped too. I tried to ride it out by telling myself it's a blip etc,but it's just non stop,I'm worried at this stage that I will put my fist through my rather expensive monitor!

So last night I parked all my tanks with training wheels and got back in my T32 my thinking being,if I'm going to be stuck for ever more with team tard I'm going to go down fighting! I'm going to take as many of these fuckers with me as I can,I'm spamming gold at anything that moves I'm being super aggressive and trying my best!

So a bad round in this tank for me is less than 2K damage(standard shells) weather I win or lose or weather I'm top or bottom tank! Am I right in thinking this will help my WN8? I don't really care about WR just as long as I can be seen to be an effective player win or lose and pull my weight for the team.

So is there anything else I can do to try get out of this nightmare? I know some will say leave it for a few days,I know I won't do that so no point in lieing to myself :-). What methods do you guys employ to try get back on track?

I've seen it written somewhere that it's harder to solo pub after 9.0 is this correct and if so why? Also is it just me or does there seem to be a lot more complete fucking morons playing during the week? I know they come out the woodwork at the weekend though. I'm about as far from a good player as you can get but I understand the basics and with a few decent players on my team I always do very well and usually survive!

please help a brother in distress,I'm at the alter of the greats begging for help. :-(

Try to platoon (with someone 'better') for a while?

• You'll feel a higher pressure to perform well, because you can't let your friends down.
  • If you do die early, you're sort of forced to watch someone 'better' until you can get into new battle.
  • More fun.
  • Win more.

Harder to solopub? HD-models deflect shots or what?

Oh you're Irish, drink less?  :happy:

Thanks for the advice,I will try to find some to platoon with but I don't really have any "friends" in the game and I'm not in a clan. I was given a link to some channels but most seem reluctant to platoon maybe because I'm shit or maybe because the don't know me idk... Will keep trying though maybe persistence will pay off.

I see you play on the NA server. Really regretting not playing on that server. All you get on the EU server before battle is Pl? NL? RO? sa.... Etc etc then they spend the 30 seconds before battle blowing smoke up each other's ass's! It's very annoying!

Scouts advice is good. I have been solopubbing alot for the last ~2 weeks and it can be very frustrating. I spent last night platooned with a player better than me and got back into a groove, learned some things, and had some fun.

1. Platoon up

2. Dont go anywhere alone

3. After you die watch them play

There is an article in here somewhere about going on "tilt" you should proabably read as well. Will try to find the link

Scouts advice is good. I have been solopubbing alot for the last ~2 weeks and it can be very frustrating. I spent last night platooned with a player better than me and got back into a groove, learned some things, and had some fun.

1. Platoon up

2. Dont go anywhere alone

3. After you die watch them play

There is an article in here somewhere about going on "tilt" you should proabably read as well. Will try to find the link

Sound advice, especially that last point.

Thanks guys n gals,I will try to find some fools crazy enough to platoon with me and see if that help. If I cant,I shall continue to puke gold at the bastards! :thumbup:

Look at my sig....It tells the same story as you are. This game has gotten tougher over the last few months as the advertising has brought in more casual players that don't give a shit about being a team player. There just isn't any consistency day to day. In the last 2 week I have had a 3k WN8 40% day and a 1600 WN8 70% day. Even tooning can't save some days because MM decides you are gonna be on the shit team. With so many terrible players, even skill can't overcome many days. You can either ride it out or walk away. There is nothing else you can do.

I've just had a few games...Same fucking thing!! I'm doing proper damage every game of at least defending my line and doing my job. The last battle I had in my T32 I defended a whole flank basically on my own(a little help from other guys at the start tbf) took 5.5K potential damage and still lost! It's gone behond a joke now! WR is down to 52.14 now =(

My stats are probably 95% solo pub so the best bit of advice I can give with regards to it?

Don't try to do it all yourself.  Don't expect help, nice surprise when you get it but don't expect it.  Use your team to your advantage.

For instance, see that lemming train?  More often the not you'll do the proper thing and not follow.  Heck with that, follow them, there is little to no sense defending a flank by yourself from 4+ incoming enemy tanks.  Keep up with them, Take control of the lemming train.  Reason most trains fail is because the entire flank of 8+ tanks see's one enemy light tank and then stops dead in it's tracks.  If you can keep the momentum going enough to get them to steam roll the flank you'll have a better chance.  Doesn't work all the time and you rush headlong into the fray while all the other tanks sit to snipe the light scout but when it does work you can take a sure loss into a victory sometimes

Use your team to your advantage.  See those two friendly heavies rushing up to a spot that they shouldn't be?  Capitalize on what they light up, put yourself in a position that will allow you to fire on the common enemy spots as they get target lock on the two in front, then once they die, continue what you were doing. 

Play a tank that's versatile and can adapt to the situation if you can.  I tend to play TD's primarily and my usual method of play is to Snipe in the beginning, let everyone else slug it out.  Then late game when all the friendlies have died and hurt the enemy team I can start swinging through on cleanup with a shiny 100% health tank. 

Yeah, it's a dick way to play, using and abusing the team but I had an enlightening moment awhile back that made me start thinking of the pubbies as nothing more then meatshields.  Was covering the airfield approach in my Waffle PZ.IV one game.  Netted me a good amount of damage and 4 kills.  remainder of the Team consisted of myself and two 25-40% health blood red E100's versus an enemy T71 and IS-7 at 75% health.  Both E100's were held at bay by the T71.  Neither would poke out and the T71 proxy lit for the IS-7 as he fired unseen.  I knew the IS-7 would have to die, biggest threat so I flanked around to find him.  Managed to knock him down to 4% health before he got me. 

E100's called me a noob, stayed where they were and the IS-7 moved around, down the runway to the rocks that the lights like to spot from and proceeded to kill both of them.  I then got blamed for not staying alive to help them and finish off the Is7....  That was pretty much my breaking point with regards to helping the pubbies lol

Take a break for a few days. And platooning helps for me. Playing this game solo drives me insane.. it helps having someone to talk while playing and teamwork within the platoon will win many games as well.  =D

Use XVM, don't play unplatooned, help the main push rather than defending a hopeless flank alone, think of the games in terms of trading health and damage rather than kills, don't fucking play artillery, free XP shit tanks (Sturer Emil), and take a break if you're having a bad streak (for me, 3 losses in a row while having crappy WN8)

Some tanks are better solopub than others. I find it easier to win in solopub (on average) if you throw your weight into the stronger push then flex back to base. It helps to not drive a horribly slow tank also cause you may not make it back to base if you need to.

I've tried it out and in fairness it does work,and it is a clever tactic to follow the lemming train on certian maps,let them do there thing and mop up.

Flexing,again is something else I'm trying,I'm mainly in a T32 atm,so some maps its harder to do than others.

I've made some friens and starting to platonn a little,my WR is up a little again so I will keep at it.

Thank you for the advice :thumbup:

P.s Sorry for speiing/grammermistakes,I'm very dyselixc and speel-check seems not to work on here.

Never be that single guy trying to hold a flank by yourself pinging the map and asking for help, then complaining to the useless pubs. Now if your three top tier good/unicums then by all means have fun. Some of the best games are when my platoon is fighting almost 2 to 1 disadvantage numbers.

I've tried it out and in fairness it does work,and it is a clever tactic to follow the lemming train on certian maps,let them do there thing and mop up.

Flexing,again is something else I'm trying,I'm mainly in a T32 atm,so some maps its harder to do than others.

I've made some friens and starting to platonn a little,my WR is up a little again so I will keep at it.

Thank you for the advice :thumbup:

P.s Sorry for speiing/grammermistakes,I'm very dyselixc and speel-check seems not to work on here.

If you're comfortable in the T32, purchase the T34 and at least make money back on the abuse adventure. Plus you'll get into T10's and it will force you to play second line unless you are a straight up dope yolo... Which isn't always a bad thing.

JM.02c

I can make a little money in the T32 tbf if I shoot standard ammo. I'm not sure I want to invest in the T34 as I'm not a big fan of the T29 ,I know it's OP'd for a T7 tank and everything,but it's way to slow and to tall for my liking,and it's a cannon magnet.

I like the T32 as it feels like a well armoured M4 in a way(it does to me anyway),it can get round the battlefield has very bouncy armour if you put it in the right spot,and the gun is fine if you hit the right spots,it needs support though to be fully effective. I love to sidecrape in it too,it's excellent at it.

I'm well used to playing at T10 in this tank,as that is all I seem to get MM wise these days,I would say 1 in 8 fights I'm top tank,and usually then I'm the leader of team tomato.

Try to come to the wotlabs channel. Usually you can find a platoon mate or two there

Ha,I've asked a few times,but got no reply :-(. I will keep trying though. Found a couple of guys on an other channel to platoon with. Just need to make some connections with people who play at similar times to me I guess.

I don't remember ever seeing you on the channel, but then again my memory leaks all over the place.

i can't help for T8s as of now but if you want i can be of use at T7, T9 and T10