Sign in to follow this  
cd169

WoWS Alpha Tester Applications are being accepted

Sent my application. Lets see if I feel the love.

They have received around 200 applications on the forum, so it'll all depend on how many testers they look for.

Takes about a week.

Source: someone from the first alpha wave.

Phew :-) Gives me time to download all the other game updates and stuff I've been missing with my net down. I literally can not wait to start playing in the WoWS alpha. 

Phew :-) Gives me time to download all the other game updates and stuff I've been missing with my net down. I literally can not wait to start playing in the WoWS alpha. 

Yes you can, you have to :-)

Well I am not going to make it. I'll just have to get he details from everyone here in PMs!! Remember to cross those fingers when signing the NDA.

:thumbup:

How the fuck is that supposed to work when there hasn't even been any kind of ingame footage released? There's not enough public information regarding this game to warrant 5 posts.

It doesn't work, and there isn't enough public info worthy of five posts. Their requirements literally cater to nothing but shitpoasters and sperglords. Even the silly little ten or twenty question survey they did for Warplanes Alpha was better and its sole purpose seemed to be trying to weed out the "Russian/American/German bias" crowd at the time.

WG is "wanting" players who show interest in the development of the game. I think it was similar in WoWP Alpha. Heck, a friend of mine just got in by asking questions on the Dev. Q&A blogs. As for pubic info check here: http://wiredstar.com/WoWsWiki/ or in the Q&A threads: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/4057-developer-questions-and-answers-4/page__st__1100__p__288587#entry288587

As for what? No? :P

Ignore the post count and apply, if you think you can contribute.

The post count is largely to deter the casual, unmotivated masses that do little more than post complaints about the post count.

Sorry, I feel massively demotivated when looking at their public forums and have no desire to burn my fucking eyes out reading cancer and shitpoasting myself when I haven't even seen a product to post about. I was once motivated back in alpha and beta for WoWP to post useful content playing with the other truly great Warplanes players and then shit-lords-r-us arrived with full release on the Warplanes forums so I took the opportunity to give rocketbrainsurgeon as much useful information as possible to help people who gave a shit still (and I didn't accept any payments for it, I learned from his content and felt like spreading some of what I knew to help others as they helped me). *Yes, some reviews were pretty blah. * And then once I realized WoWP was a lost cause I stopped caring myself and looked for a new game to master that stood a chance of having a sustainable population. Personally I thought I did quite a bit on the Wargaming Warplanes forums to help people and improve the game + forums. I posted guides that were actually somewhat useful unlike Mr_R's guides, I posted videos to help those who don't learn as well from reading, I wrote bug reports, and I gave useful feedback on balancing/etc. What did I get for it? Banned. Removed from the supertest without so much as a reason why previous to the forum ban. Pretty much the only reason I still play anything Wargaming is because the clan I'm with loves playing their products and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to play with, they are the best imo. I totally missed the most recent alpha invite thread while on vacation in another country without internet connectivity.

Yeah it was odd, they sent out some invites to several people a few days before they opened up the applications.

I am assuming they went back to the first application series and picked from those left out before opening up a second time.

-Minor infraction. Leave the mindless rivalry in the dead game to die

Member warned

Edited by jackquerudo

It doesn't work, and there isn't enough public info worthy of five posts. Their requirements literally cater to nothing but shitpoasters and sperglords. Even the silly little ten or twenty question survey they did for Warplanes Alpha was better and its sole purpose seemed to be trying to weed out the "Russian/American/German bias" crowd at the time.

As for what? No? :P

Sorry, I feel massively demotivated when looking at their public forums and have no desire to burn my fucking eyes out reading cancer and shitpoasting myself when I haven't even seen a product to post about. I was once motivated back in alpha and beta for WoWP to post useful content playing with the other truly great Warplanes players and then shit-lords-r-us arrived with full release on the Warplanes forums so I took the opportunity to give rocketbrainsurgeon as much useful information as possible to help people who gave a shit still (and I didn't accept any payments for it, I learned from his content and felt like spreading some of what I knew to help others as they helped me). *Yes, some reviews were pretty blah. * And then once I realized WoWP was a lost cause I stopped caring myself and looked for a new game to master that stood a chance of having a sustainable population. Personally I thought I did quite a bit on the Wargaming Warplanes forums to help people and improve the game + forums. I posted guides that were actually somewhat useful unlike Mr_R's guides, I posted videos to help those who don't learn as well from reading, I wrote bug reports, and I gave useful feedback on balancing/etc. What did I get for it? Banned. Removed from the supertest without so much as a reason why previous to the forum ban. Pretty much the only reason I still play anything Wargaming is because the clan I'm with loves playing their products and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to play with, they are the best imo. I totally missed the most recent alpha invite thread while on vacation in another country without internet connectivity.

The only constructive thing I've been able to do is alienate most of the badpoasters in the submarine thread, which is universally ridiculed.

That questionaire was for the WoWP alpha? I thought I was applying to the NKVD and just got an alpha spot as a consolation price.

There were a lot of questions regarding what I would do when I spot somebody breaking their NDA, and not very many about planes.

That questionaire was for the WoWP alpha? I thought I was applying to the NKVD and just got an alpha spot as a consolation price.

There were a lot of questions regarding what I would do when I spot somebody breaking their NDA, and not very many about planes.

They had a similar questionnaire when I joined for Closed Beta.

Apparently no Alpha invite for me. Whatever, I'm sure they'll have a good tester base made of grognards and sperglords from WoWP.

Apparently no Alpha invite for me. Whatever, I'm sure they'll have a good tester base made of grognards and sperglords from WoWP.

TIL I'm a sperglord on the WoWP forum

Aww OOP, you're not a sperglord, just an adorable target.

Hey, I know I suck at WoWP. I'm under no illusions. Doesn't mean you have to toy with me.

;-)

On that subject, we need some WoWP emoticons on here :-)

Despite being the second poster in the application thread, I didn't get in.  

Oh well.  I shall not buy a pre-order bundle out of sheer spite.  I think that will teach them.