AirG

EVE Online ... still a beautiful thing.

Please don't you dare bring this up during clan wars. The goon levels have been approaching critical mass with Star Citizen recently, I don't think we can survive an EVE outbreak. 

I tried EVE but I found the beginning of the game was flying across multiple sectors which took 30 - 45 minutes. No action, no entertainment. I couldn't endure that even though the end game pvp seemed so awesome.

One of the greatest games I ever quit.

It WAS the GREATEST game of all time before all the capital ships and blobbing + lowsec nerfs etc ruined the game.

But from 2005 to 2008/2009 it was the best game ever invented!

I still love it even though I haven't played it since 2010 or so. I'll always remember it as the game that made me realized my balls shriveled up and I was no longer a real PvPer :(

I enjoyed the video, thanks for posting. Thankfully I never got into that game. My brother and his friends were very invested in that game for a few years but they could never get me started. I finally broke down but by then they weren't playing much so rather than try to make friends in game I just stopped playing. I am glad because I know that game could be a lot of fun on an organized basis and that would ruin my life. 

I like how we used to come play cb tonks while camping in eve. 

The time commitment of eve is ridiculous though; 3 hours of calling capfleets, alarm cock ops, mechanics testing. 

Do miss the suicide ganking hatemail though. 

pic of feb 2014

yRX4f1D.png

people blame it to force projection by Jump Bridge/Cyno Alts

http://marlonasky.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/cancers-of-eve-online-teleportation/

one person do test and find out that capital ships with cyno alts in place can cover anywhere within 8 min. fastest sub-capital with no jump capable need 55 min from one end to other end.

a lot of call for nerf on force projection in hope that it would make several small null empire instead 2 huge renter alliance.

pic of feb 2014

yRX4f1D.png

people blame it to force projection by Jump Bridge/Cyno Alts

http://marlonasky.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/cancers-of-eve-online-teleportation/

one person do test and find out that capital ships with cyno alts in place can cover anywhere within 8 min. fastest sub-capital with no jump capable need 55 min from one end to other end.

a lot of call for nerf on force projection in hope that it would make several small null empire instead 2 huge renter alliance.

We do suitcase projections -- we have a combat or triage fitted carrier full of 6-8 of our most common combat doctrines including 2 logi and 2 dictor, and then rapidly jump to an area, pick the fleet type that hard counters our opponent, leave the carriers, and move in to kill in subcaps.  After its over, we pack back up our caps and move out.  Its a lethal combination of deployment speed/range, fleet comp flexibility, and depth to replace losses.

We do suitcase projections -- we have a combat or triage fitted carrier full of 6-8 of our most common combat doctrines including 2 logi and 2 dictor, and then rapidly jump to an area, pick the fleet type that hard counters our opponent, leave the carriers, and move in to kill in subcaps.  After its over, we pack back up our caps and move out.  Its a lethal combination of deployment speed/range, fleet comp flexibility, and depth to replace losses.

well yea, that is whole point of force projection and why people ask for nerf

few ideas is put 1 hours CD on jump, increase fuel cost, or PPPP from link I post.

As hilarious as it is to do this, It's pretty dumb how our alliance is really only constrained in our suitcase ops by the amount of fuel we can carry.

Ex-bittervet here, recently resubbed and lost. Veto's long long gone, its members scattered to the four winds, and most of my old comrades playing six hours or more ahead of me. 

I want to do something fun. If you've any ideas or need the talents of an ex-pirate with 100M SP (all sub-BS combat skills) drop 'Malena Panic' a line in-game. 

I suggest highsec safari'ing/AWOX, if only because that's what I did for the last year until I quit.

A. easy money if you manage to get roles from stupid pubbie carebears or know people who do.  My personal record is 3 POS's stolen in a single night. One from my target corp, two from bringing in an Orca to help out other people.

B. Easy kills with the possibility of blingy loot

C. Tears, tears everywhere

tl;dr join mission/mining corps who have idiots flying shiny things, kill their stuff in highsec without CONCORD interference, bonus points for using more than one neutral logi

I suggest highsec safari'ing/AWOX, if only because that's what I did for the last year until I quit.

A. easy money if you manage to get roles from stupid pubbie carebears or know people who do.  My personal record is 3 POS's stolen in a single night. One from my target corp, two from bringing in an Orca to help out other people.

B. Easy kills with the possibility of blingy loot

C. Tears, tears everywhere

tl;dr join mission/mining corps who have idiots flying shiny things, kill their stuff in highsec without CONCORD interference, bonus points for using more than one neutral logi

People still fall for that shit?

there are still scammer spam in jita local with same old bullshit.

(WTB PLEX FOR 770 MILLION!!!!! actual price is 770 thousand)

Dude, you fucking play World of Tanks.  Don't tell me you're surprised that EVE has its own population of stupid windowlicking pubbies.

Before that fucking mr. sexii Ripard Teg got him banned over something that even the victim wasn't as butthurt about, a dude named Erotica1 would do an "isk doubling" game where if you didn't follow the exact rules laid out in his bio (only play three times, only send amounts between x and y million ISK, etc) you would "lose", as in, he keeps your shit.

He also did a "bonus room" (which is what got Mr. Teg all riled up and fannyflustered) where he would pull the victim into a chatroom and tell them that if they contracted all their assets to "escrow agents" (people like me who were friends of Erotica and/or wanted free stuff), the Jita value + 30% and then times 5 would be returned to them in ISK.  It was beautiful... and now it's gone.

We also usually had them on Teamspeak for the big moment, here's a soundcloud link

Dude, you fucking play World of Tanks.  Don't tell me you're surprised that EVE has its own population of stupid windowlicking pubbies.

Before that fucking mr. sexii Ripard Teg got him banned over something that even the victim wasn't as butthurt about, a dude named Erotica1 would do an "isk doubling" game where if you didn't follow the exact rules laid out in his bio (only play three times, only send amounts between x and y million ISK, etc) you would "lose", as in, he keeps your shit.

He also did a "bonus room" (which is what got Mr. Teg all riled up and fannyflustered) where he would pull the victim into a chatroom and tell them that if they contracted all their assets to "escrow agents" (people like me who were friends of Erotica and/or wanted free stuff), the Jita value + 30% and then times 5 would be returned to them in ISK.  It was beautiful... and now it's gone.

We also usually had them on Teamspeak for the big moment, here's a soundcloud link

was not awaring that he got permabanned

I'm the lamest Eve player ever who isn't a carebear. I pirated for years, and made a my coin in loot and ransom, but have avoided all the metagame shenanigans. It's an e-honoure thing I guess. 

The 'worst' thing I did was train my covops alt via high-sec salvage ops. I'd probe down dudes doing missions and salvage their wrecks. Man did people hate that. 

I'm the lamest Eve player ever who isn't a carebear. I pirated for years, and made a my coin in loot and ransom, but have avoided all the metagame shenanigans. It's an e-honoure thing I guess. 

The 'worst' thing I did was train my covops alt via high-sec salvage ops. I'd probe down dudes doing missions and salvage their wrecks. Man did people hate that. 

Ninja salvaging is how I started down the dark side too... except instead of just salvaging, i'd loot and then they'd shoot.  And I'd warp in my Orca and switch ships and shoot back.

Fun times, then they changed the way suspect flagging works AND stopped letting you switch ships if you had aggro'd someone.  

And hey, at least you weren't a carebear.

was not awaring that he got permabanned

yeah, it was really unfortunate.  The victim in question even went on the record as saying he wasn't all that cut up about it and no idea why Ripard was making such a huge fucking deal out of it, other than the fact that Ripard Teg seems to hate everything that Eve stands for and wants it to be WoW in space.

Anyways, if any of you plan on playing Star Citizen, Erotica1 is heading up an EVE-based org called "Jita".