AirG

EVE Online ... still a beautiful thing.

if you kept anything in a POS it was probably gone even before you got kicked for inactivity lel

Fountain is mostly owned by random small alliances now, I think... I actually have shit stuck in fountain right now from the like month or so that BL had sov there prior to disbanding, but it's nothing really worth mentioning so w/e.

Deklein is starting to burn, VFK is already taken (which is apparently mostly a symbolic victory at best but w/e) and YA0 got freeported last night, but tbh if it's just an ishtar and dictors/assfrigs then it doesn't really matter anyways lol.  nobody uses assault frigs anymore because t3ds especially svipuls are just downright better and if you tried to rat in deklein right now you'd get holocausted in about three seconds

You can see all the World War Bee timers here, what a time to be alive and subbed

ohh yeah vfk and ya0 both ring a bell, i think i had some small stuff in both stations. im actually curious to see what i lost though, couldnt i just jump clone to those stations and sell it all on the market or contracts and jump clone back to empire?

jesus christ. so is CFC pretty much dead? end of the mitanni?

yeah you can jump clone there.  CFC as a coalition is p much dead, but Mittens is still trying to cling to whatever little bit of power he has left iirc.  I don't know the overarching politics but there's a pretty decent writeup stickied on /r/eve that gets updated every other day or so.

50 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

yeah you can jump clone there.  CFC as a coalition is p much dead, but Mittens is still trying to cling to whatever little bit of power he has left iirc.  I don't know the overarching politics but there's a pretty decent writeup stickied on /r/eve that gets updated every other day or so.

rip CFC. GSF was a pretty cool alliance, lots of funny guys and really smart people. the black ops groups were pretty cool too. widot had some of my old friends in it, wonder if they still play.

i obviously cant stick to eve as much as you guys can (gotta get that instant gratification yo) so idk how long i'd even stay if i resubbed. but aside from revisiting level 4 missions for nostalgic purposes, i remember soloing in great wildlands/providence was pretty cool, although trying to find fair fights was frustrating as hell.

5 hours ago, Aquavolt said:

yeah, as birkovic said widot was just the corp which was part of GSF but still in the alliance. i got kicked out in december due to inactivity along with a bunch of other people. funny because widot was one of the few corps in GSF that were allowed to keep thousands of inactive members as long as they supplied the alliance with titans and money and whatever. i guess i was either inactive for too long or things got desperate (as we can now see lol).

uhhhhh i think i still have shit in fountain from the war in 2015 when we invaded. i think i stopped playing towards the end of the war so none of that stuff got out (i think). the rest of my stuff is still in deklein i think, luckily its mostly just ratting ishtars (probably just 1 lol) and lots of interdictors and assault frigates (maybe like 5).

I would have loved to not have played the game like a silly gatherer.

Whenever I had to move, I used a minimum of 4-5 carrier loads and 2 JF runs (maxed out Rhea). My 3 main chars all had JDC V. After I noticed the jump drive nerf I simply decided it was too much :effort: to resub and get my gear assemble across low sec and high sec (I evac'd before going AFK) to move into a new home.

lmao yeah right now my choices of which doctrine ships to stock boil down to "can I throw it all into a single carrier or not".  Luckily in the next expansion dreads are supposed to be getting SMB's the same size of the current carrier ones, so I don't have to make two trips every move up, but jump fatigue combined with the jump range nerf is still pretty fucking gay, even coming from someone who never used a jump drive pre-Phoebe.

And since the start of WWB we've moved like three times just to stay close to the front lines

So, I've been lurking around a bit, thinking about getting into Eve as I think I've pretty much won WoT.  From what I've read the PVP is really intense, but I really like the exploration aspect of it. Can I go check things out in the world or will I just get blown up constantly? I mean, I know it'll happen, don't fly anything you can't afford to lose but still. Is being an explorer type of character viable?

Yeah, you can make a decent living/game out of exploring; there's plenty of sites out in space that don't even have enemy npc's in them.  Just remember, the better rewards are in more dangerous space so you will get blown up eventually

So Goons has attacked Pandemic Horde's staging system of O1Y, timer ends today at 22:45 eve time. Will be interesting =D

17 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

oh boy 22:45 eve that's like right when I get home and I've not even moved my shit yet.

Do you know how things unfolded? I wasn't able to be online for it I'm afraid

7 hours ago, Zywrek said:

Do you know how things unfolded? I wasn't able to be online for it I'm afraid

5 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Goons didn't show.

The end :)

Actually, they did show.  They just didn't fight.

So, I was moving my Panther at the time to the new staging system for TISHU, and we happen to have cyno beacons in the destination system and the midpoint system that I was using.  Since I'm not a fucking retard anymore, I used my alt to scout the midpoint system (6RCQ) first in a cloaky cyno bomber.  I jump into 6RCQ into a mass of bubbles, a fleet of TISHU supers with NApoc and support, and a small, maybe 75-man Goon fleet of I think Cerberus or Caracals burning around 200km off the gate.  So I cloak up and start aligning to our POS and watch while the goons warp off... somewhere, and jump my Panther to our cyno beacon anyways because what're goons gonna do with 500+ MBC in local with supercarriers.

When I jumped out to desto 5 minutes later, local was full of shitposting about how they're cowering in a POS, Goons complaining about being blobbed, and call-outs on the irony of Goons complaining about being blobbed.

I wasn't in the fight because A. I hadn't moved yet (hence why I was moving my panther... gonna move the rest of my shit tonight now that my Naglfar has a ship maintenance bay) and B. I don't own a super or a Navy Apocalypse

Tl;dr they got camped into a POS in 6RCQ by some supers and 500 other dudes.

My mistake, I just went of a Reddit post, which I read this morning.

To be fair though, is showing up with 100~ dudes vs. 600 really showing up for a 17k man alliance? :feelsbad:

27 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

My mistake, I just went of a Reddit post, which I read this morning.

To be fair though, is showing up with 100~ dudes vs. 600 really showing up for a 17k man alliance? :feelsbad:

It's slightly better than what they've been doing so far, which is welping ~Swordfleet~ interceptors over and over and pretending they're doing something worthwhile.

and I think they dropped below 17k people earlier this week.  Pretty much 99% of the people left are inactives, unsubbed, or total fucking carebears who haven't gotten a clue yet

The war seems to be winding down for the moment but I think some Imperium/ex-imperium members are trying to take Fade back so there might still be :gudfites: happening in that area.

My alliance has moved into Cloud Ring for the time being though since it's supposedly in the center of ~content~ plus I think we're in blops range of the dessicated remains of SMA and hazing them is funny

1 hour ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

The war seems to be winding down for the moment but I think some Imperium/ex-imperium members are trying to take Fade back so there might still be :gudfites: happening in that area.

i think i'll enjoy the game without being in a war with 10 alliances and 10 mercenary alliances (fuck marmite).

maybe when things stabilize a bit at gsf then i might reapply and live the null sec life again, but for now gotta soak in that freedom and get familiar with everything again

I mean if you want "nullsec life" gsf probably isn't the place for it right now, seeing as they're all living out of Saranen currently... but if it's just the fights then any place is prolly as good as any other.

Also if you were ever a capital pilot there's a fuckload of changes to get caught up on, and even if you weren't there's still some new stuff that applies to all ships.  And Citadels are really fucking cool

For anyone who wants the actual information on it and not a (likely poorly-researched) news article, here's the link to the actual devblog: https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

tl;dr:

• Trial accounts are now unlimited time but are sharply limited in what skills and items can be used, details are not completely finalized but the list of skills is.
  • Any unsubscribed account reverts to a trial account and loses access to non-trial ships, skills, and items until they resub.
  • Trial account skills are limited to tech 1 cruisers and modules/weapon systems of the race that their character is, so no racial crosstraining on a trial.