Roneth

T57 Setup Question

I just wanted to get the update to date opinions on T57 setup.  I am approaching my 4th crew skill and wanted to get an update.  The last information I pulled was from Garbad on the WoT forums.

"Because they cannot equip a rammer (and yet still have high view range), these tanks are free to use optics.  At the same time, because they will focus more on support fire instead of brawling, I prioritize gunnery skills and camo over repairs.  Note that the camo rating on the AMX 50 and US mediums is actually pretty decent, enough that you can hide reasonably well, especially while clipping."

Is this still the case for the T57?

Crew :

Commander: BIA, 6th, Recon (98%).  Will get Sit Awareness next.

Gunner: BIA, Camo, Snap Shot (94%).  Thinking of repairs next here.

Driver: BIA, Camo, Smooth Ride (94%).  Clutch Braking is next.

Loader: BIA, Camo, Repair (94%).  Thinking of reskilling and getting Safe Stowage at 100 and then Repairs for 4th.

GLD, V.Stab, Vents.

I guess the discussion has been around Vents.  Should i replace vents for either Binocs or Coated Optics?  Has someone done the math, or is there a general consensus?

Thanks in advance.

so the vents help that much more overall instead of the extra view range from optics?

i just unlocked my t57 but haven't bought it yet

I messed around w/ Switching up vents/optics

Vents > Optics

While vision wins games, the T57 should NEVER be the one getting the vision. While you have troll angles, just getting spotted turns your tank into an immediate *MUST FUCKING DIE* mode, only a slightly less version of what happens when the WTF E100 is spotted. Meatshield off your buddies, come out only when you've seen they've fired. 

T57 is a support/brawl heavy, in neither situation will it need or make use of optics

The boost of vents might be relatively insignificant, but it's not like you can mount a rammer anyway and you already have GLD and Vstab right there, what else are you gonna put on

I would ask the question, is camo better then repair on this? I would think I would have full repairs and work on camo as 4th or 5th skill IMO. I can see the benefits in the T-57 of staying hidden but if you aren't going to run optics because you're a support range tank I would think the argument for having repairs over camo would be the same?

I don't know who (although it was probably Garbad) started the whole "camo on T57" thing, but it's stupid

Without any camo training you have 5.1%, with 100% and external camo it's still only 11.3%

Your camo while firing and moving are still worthless, and being stationary in a heavy at long range is a complete waste of time

Garbad brought up the camo thing from his post on the WoT forum when he could still post:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/244802-my-standardized-crewequipmentammoconsumables-setup-v20/

The crew was moved up the line.

There has been a lot of talk about the Optics vs Vents issue but it all comes down to preferences.

1. Optics gives you a straight 10% extra to your view range.

2. Vents will give you a 2.5% increase in crew skills.

The Meta game seems to be all about vision control and with a soft vehicle like the T57 you need to keep your distance.

Also the further you can see the further you can be back of the front line.

End game: VStab, GLD and Optics.

Here is a link to Garbads talk about equipment:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/244802-my-standardized-crewequipmentammoconsumables-setup-v20/page__fromsearch__1

T54E1 is a camo tank. T57 is simply not. Arguing about camo on 57 heavy is like arguing about camo on a maus. 1390's will outspot you, let alone actual scouts or tier 10s. Viewrange won't help much either because you will be spotted and spotting at the same time most of the time, anyway. Optics won't help you for shit on the tank and the vents are more for the reload and maneuverability. I wouldn't even plan on camo being fully trained as pointed out above. I'd probably consider swapping that for repairs as you will survive shots and may be tracked.

However, for all autoloaders and anything with a weak ammo rack safe stowage is a must. Really, for every tank you get you should get safe stowage at some point.

Stay with the Vents. The T57 is not about vision control. It's about how well you can reload and shoot the gun.  So forget about vision, let others do that as you sling as much ammo down range as accurately and fast as possible.

There has been a lot of talk about the Optics vs Vents issue but it all comes down to preferences.

1. Optics gives you a straight 10% extra to your view range.

2. Vents will give you a 2.5% increase in crew skills.

The Meta game seems to be all about vision control and with a soft vehicle like the T57 you need to keep your distance.

Also the further you can see the further you can be back of the front line.

End game: VStab, GLD and Optics.

Here is a link to Garbads talk about equipment:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/244802-my-standardized-crewequipmentammoconsumables-setup-v20/page__fromsearch__1

You'll still get lit first by most meds, optics or not. Being an autoloader you want vents to just give a boost to everything, especially the reload time, bringing it down to around 22 or 23. I play my 57 mainly in CQC, finding opportunities to output a clip when they aren't aware or at the very least, trading 1 shot for 4. 

Equips are a go. Crew skills need changes because camo is low priority. I recommend the following:

Commander: BIA, 6th, Jack of All Trades (98%). SA is better than Recon so it comes next

Gunner: BIA, Repairs, Snap Shot (94%). Just leave the 4th slot empty and respec to BIA, Deadeye, Snapshot, Repairs when 4th skill hits ~50%. Armourer is an option but you really shouldn't be driving with a broken gun.

Driver: BIA, Repairs, Smooth Ride (94%).  Clutch Braking next is good.

Loader: BIA, Safe Stowage, Repairs (94%).  Loader basically has nothing much useful after these three. Pick camo if you want. However, Safe Stowage is important as others have mentioned.